getting me argry this morning

Options
really wish my co workers didnt eat so much junk food and try to temp me with it it is really annoying espercially the ones that are on a different "diet" every other week !!! sorry for the rant just a little annoyed

Replies

• maria7bella
    Options
    I work with some fantastic bakers so I get it. Just hold your ground! Say a prayer. This too shall pass!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    That is how Thursday's are here. Luckily I work with mostly men and they don't diet, so I don't hear about new diets they are trying. I do sometimes wish that a carrot could taste like a jelly filled donut!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    The people who are trying to tempt you are just jealous of your success!! Stay firm with your "no" -- you're worth it :)
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Sadely they do not have to do anything for your weight loss. Hold your ground. Once someone gave my a goodie after I said many time I didn't want it. Well I put it in the garbage right in front of them. They stop doing it after that.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    well they must see how well your doing and are trying to sabotage your progess. well dont you for saying no.

tell them where they can stick their junk food and tell them that if they arent going to encourage your healthy lifestyle then to keep their mouths shut :o)
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Tell them you're allergic to whatever they're offering. Haha, might not work, but I have a strong aversion/hatred to seafood and telling people I'm allergic wards off the endless "Just try it, have you had it before? It's good for you!"
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I know that's got to be hard!!!!!! thankfully I work with a great bunch of people who "get it" when it comes to me and are very supportive.

Sorry you were angry this morning! Just keep your chin up and move on! :-)
  • nmades
    nmades Posts: 10
    Options
    Stand strong! Work goodies usually suck anyway!
  • ssnichole987
    ssnichole987 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I know! just keep remembering how good you're going to feel when DON'T eat what they're offering. I keep finding that the things I want aren't nearly as satisfying as I imagined they were going to be... keep healthy snacks around and munch on them to get past the temptation. You can do it! :)
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've been in this boat, I've had someone empty crisps out onto my desk and throw chocolate bars at me. I got very agreesive with them, I don't recomend that you do this (but it did work)
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The office is the worst! Mine is like a family so they share everything! Its always someone bday, anniversary, baby showers, etc Plus not mention buying food for everyone just because!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They need to do a reality about this, so people can really see how it affects those who are struggling with wealth lost or just working on being healthy period. HANG IN THERE-U R NOT ALONE!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i work with a lot of these too and one woman really pisses me off everytime i get offered something...and i always say know :)... she says "this girl doesnt eat!!!" and then goes and tells everyone then when i am eating my lunch then she says "OMG SHE EATS!" its like OMG WHAT DO U WANT AND Y R U SO OBSESSED WITH MY EATING HABITS!
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Well I put it in the garbage right in front of them. They stop doing it after that.

You just became my new hero
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    yes!!! thats exactly how i feel this one woman in paticular i can is getting really annoyed with the fact i am losing weight and she is on a different "diet" every other week and never sticks to it and just blames the "diet because it is stupid" lol but this morning she goes to get donuts and turns to me and is like oh should i get u a fat free one wow....... really .... hope she enjoyed that etra 500 calories this morning while i ate my grapefruit
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Well I put it in the garbage right in front of them. They stop doing it after that.

You just became my new hero

LOL I never disagree with someone holding a gun :)
  • cantina920
    cantina920 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Remember who you are and what your goal is. Stay strong!!
  • suekenneypfalzer
    Options
    Tell them you're allergic to whatever they're offering. Haha, might not work, but I have a strong aversion/hatred to seafood and telling people I'm allergic wards off the endless "Just try it, have you had it before? It's good for you!"

I also hate seafood - it's like a have a phobia about it.
  • ErikaKBee
    ErikaKBee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people just don't know any better or are oblivious. Sometimes people are trying to test your commitment to your weight loss goals. Other times, you have haters. You will get to the point that their efforts will not impact your resolve to stay healthy and avoid unnecessary calories. Just say "Nope" and keep it moving.

In my office, they celebrate everything with a cake - birthdays, retirements, arbor day whatever. Did I mention that we are the same group that sponsors the health initiatives for the company? #Irony You have to stick with your "no." I got sick of it and eventually started requesting healthier alternatives alongside their all-the-calories-I-have-for-the-week desserts. It's a happy medium. It's funny how many people started indulging in the healthier alternatives once it was available. Imagine That.

My personal trainer advised me once that its okay to indulge, but make sure it's worth it. For me, it needs to be the best [insert delectable dessert here] I've ever had. I've even so much as asked the same people, "Wow, is that the best strawberry cupcake you have ever had?" It's funny because 90% of the time, their answer is no. Hmmm...so why should I bother?