Deseperatley seeking a recipe for this evening dinner

Options
I am wanting something substantial as I obly had half a sandwich and cheese string for lunch today. I have exercised loads today and burned at least 1000 calories.

I have fish/chicken (frozen but not pre cooked) I have chicken burgers (with batter) Salmon fish cakes/ fish fingers/ sausages oven chips potatos or pasta. but nothing to go with the pasta.

I also have tinned peas/soup/beans etc..

Any help? x

Replies

• Scoochie1
    Scoochie1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You could make a nice pasta dressing - how is your pantry for dried herbs and vinegars? Then cook and chop a few sausages through it for the protein
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Pick a protein, starch, and vegetable from any of the things you mentioned. Add them to your diary and see what fits best.
  • michaelabridezilla
    Options
    You could make a nice pasta dressing - how is your pantry for dried herbs and vinegars? Then cook and chop a few sausages through it for the protein
    [/quote

We don't have any herbs or vinegars. :( We normally just buy some burgers and shove them in the oven. xx
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Do you have fat free ranch dressing? Lowfat/fat free breadcrumbs? If so, soak your chicken breast in the dressing, mix the breadcrumbs with some lowfat parmesan cheese, seasoning, and dip the chicken in the breadcrumbs. Bake until done. Eat with side salad and sweet potato.
    Or put chicken in slow cooker with a bottle of low/fat free bbq sauce and cook on high for 3 hours. eat on wholewheat bun.

Pan fry your fish with seasoning (I love lemon-pepper/salt/pepper/season all) in some EVOO, make a couscous salad with grilled vggies in it (sauteed squash/zucchini/olives/tomatoes/onions/sugar snap peas dressed with a little balsalmic vinegarette), and pair it with steamed brocolli.....

the list is endless :)
  • Scoochie1
    Scoochie1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I always have some pesto or balsamic in the press for these emergencies, I know the pesto is basically oil, but you only use a small bit so its not that bad.
  • jbing07
    jbing07 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You may need to go to the store, but here is a great recipe that I love for a salad that I make:
    Romaine Lettuce
    Feta Cheese
    Mandarin Oranges
    Sunflower Seeds
    Raspberry Vinagerette Dressing
    Strawberries

Mix it all together and enjoy! So good and not much in calories, and if you have burned up to 1000 calories, that is awesome!
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Found some great recipes on skinnytaste.com. Enjoy!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Mashed potatoes, peas and sausages? (That's the most substantial thing I saw...)

Salmon cakes, roasted potato wedges and peas...

Or a chicken-based shepherd's pie?
  • dragonflytwt
    dragonflytwt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Found some great recipes on skinnytaste.com. Enjoy!

I second skinnytaste.com and try out Hungry-Girl.com and/or ourbestbites.com. Good luck!
  • Pinkmaddycat
    Pinkmaddycat Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    whats the soup?be open minded using it as a sause for you pasta...this opens a whole new world to easy dinners that taste great!!
  • michaelabridezilla
    Options
    whats the soup?be open minded using it as a sause for you pasta...this opens a whole new world to easy dinners that taste great!!

Soup is cream of chicken. xx