Had a bad day how do I record it!

Options
I’ve had a little wobble on my plan and indulged in fish and chips at the seaside. I don’t seem to be able to record it or find any nutritional (including the dreaded calories) for it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks

Replies

• chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Find the kind of fish and how it was fixed fried broiled ect and then look for the chips or something like them and anything else you had may not be exactly but you will be in the ball park. Or you can just do quick add put a number that you think might be close but I like option 1 better
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Options
    Find something similar from a chain restaurant and use that
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Fish and chips at a seaside restaurant sounds like a good day to me! If you have the calories you should at least enjoy them and not feel bad about them.

@callsitlikeiseeit is right. I had to do the same thing with my lunch today from a local Mexican restaurant. I found a similarly named plate for 650ish calories but I knew that was too low so I quick added 250 calories to lunch. If I had eaten it all it would have been at least 1300 calories.

The other thing to do is if it is a chain restaurant see if they have a picture and compare it to what you ate. It won't be exact but there is nothing you can do about that.
  • rose2_0
    rose2_0 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Fish and Chips...the whole portion? 1200-1500 cals
  • bjdw_1977
    bjdw_1977 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Log 1500 calories, call it a cheat day, and live the next 6 in deficit. Happy days.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Search the food database for "fish & chips" and pick one that you estimate sounds about right.
    As Harry Ramsdens is a chain their number should be fairly accurate for their serving but obviously your portion size could have been different.

Enjoy your treat without guilt and move on. One day can't derail you and life (and food) is to be enjoyed.
  • markstephenson
    markstephenson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Many thanks to you all for the good advice. Some good solutions there.