Exercise music?

Options
Hey :)

Whats everyones favourite music to work out to? Like, do you have a gym playlist etc?
I have a pretty amazing one but am always up for hearing new music

Replies

• andyloosbrock
    andyloosbrock Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I listen to the Cinderella station on Pandora when I'm walking. Great 80's Hair Band music!
  • aimeercole
    Options
    I have a gym playlist. It includes alot of 90's rap :) I also like to listen to Mumford and Sons and the Killers while working out. Florence and the Machine song Dogs Days are over is fabulous to run to. What is on your playlist?
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have upbeat contemporary Christian music loaded on my MP3... :flowerforyou:
  • LorelieLee
    Options
    Looove the killers, they take up most of my playlist alongside the prodigy, britney and madonna. Also love a bit of daft punk and yeah yeah yeahs too. i think its so cool how just the right song can totally motivate you and change your mood,
  • Chemmy
    Chemmy Posts: 23
    Options
    It has to be deadmau5 when I am running. Always start my run with "So There I Was" from the album "Random Album Title".
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have a Pandora station that started with Britney that I use at the gym.
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That, or dance/club music...I find it motivating to hear the music that I want to look good dancing to.
  • aimeercole
    Options
    Looove the killers, they take up most of my playlist alongside the prodigy, britney and madonna. Also love a bit of daft punk and yeah yeah yeahs too. i think its so cool how just the right song can totally motivate you and change your mood,

Totally agree. When I ran the half marathon I stratgically set certain songs for points I knew would be tough. Eminem lose yourself was on the 11th mile :)
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    love the club/dance station on pandora!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I love Renegade by STYX, great song to work out to for me. And Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas. Music like that and anything with a good guitar solo :D
  • LorelieLee
    Options
    aimeercole - thats pretty good haha, what was your time on the half marathon?
    and thebunnies- i agree, i love dance music and proper stuff eg tiesto, armin van buuren just gets you in the mood to dance which is always good! :)
    and guys, whats pandora? is it an american station?
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Metallica, AC/DC, Rob Zombie, 80's hair bands, old-school Rap (Run DMC & Beastie Boys), Price, Michael Jackson, and then a mish-mash of other funky stuff, and a few newer artists thrown in to the mix. I've been known to throw in some embarrassing and cheesy things on my iPod like "Copacabana'

The key is to mix it up and keep yourself moving! I have an iPod shuffle, so I never know what's coming up next.
  • LorelieLee
    Options
    I guess, thats why i love a playlist instead of an album as you never know whats coming... think id be too embarrased to put it on shuffle as i have some major cheese on it! haha
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    I guess, thats why i love a playlist instead of an album as you never know whats coming... think id be too embarrased to put it on shuffle as i have some major cheese on it! haha

My husband grabbed my iPod to cut the lawn one day because his wasn't charged, and even though I warned him "that's only got my workout music on it and you aren't going like most of it", he still came in the house afterward, stared at me and said "Seriously, honey?"
  • LorelieLee
    Options
    ha what did he find? I like to listen to my ipod when im studying and usually have it quite loud... the cringe moment when abba comes blasting on and the person next to me is like wtf??...
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I listen to the Cinderella station on Pandora when I'm walking. Great 80's Hair Band music!

80's hair band music is the BEST to workout to!
  • kcsamstag
    kcsamstag Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes please share your amazing one!

I also have a playlist that includes a lot of late 90s/early 2000s rap (my high school and college years) and a lot of rock like Queens of the Stone Age and Foo Fighters. I like a lot of Talking Heads for the upbeat quality. Some other songs I dig:

Closer by Ne-yo, Telephone by Lady Gaga, Numb/Encore by Jay-Z and Linkin Park, Toxic by Britney Spears, Beat It by Michael Jackson, Blue Monday by Orgy, We Be Burnin' by Sean Paul, Little Lion Man by Mumford and Sons, Boom Boom Pow by Black Eyed Peas, I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho) by Pitbull, and Gossip Folks by Missy Elliot among others!

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE: Kanye's Workout Plan by Kanye West

Hilarious!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    ha what did he find? I like to listen to my ipod when im studying and usually have it quite loud... the cringe moment when abba comes blasting on and the person next to me is like wtf??...

I think it was George Michael that made him cringe the most...LOL. I just said "hey, I warned you"
  • LorelieLee
    Options
    good music! I have quite a few of the same. I also love tinie tempah, robyn, calvin harris and ultimatley blondie! makes me want to dance away :)
  • mreneecohen
    mreneecohen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Gap Band Radio or Bel Biv Devoe Radio on Pandora!