Ramadan

Options
Any other Muslims here? Looking for motivation and support in this weightloss journey. Ramadan begins in just a few days so fasting support would be awesome as well!

Replies

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I can't fast due to health reasons, but Ramadan Kareem in advance!
  • SeptemberRain81
    SeptemberRain81 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    I can't fast due to health reasons, but Ramadan Kareem in advance!

Thank you! Ramadan Kareem to you as well!
  • velvetgtr
    velvetgtr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I will be fasting and am very anxious to see how this will effect my on going weight loss efforts! I plan to eat iftar and then immediately go to the gym to get at least an hour of cardio in then come home and eat a full meal. Very healthy of course....might cut out starches I don't know. My dad said just put working out on hold till after Ramadan. Do you eat Sahur? I've never been one to eat it but I'm thinking about getting my green smoothie in at least some mornings.
  • SeptemberRain81
    Options
    velvetgtr wrote: »
    Hi I will be fasting and am very anxious to see how this will effect my on going weight loss efforts! I plan to eat iftar and then immediately go to the gym to get at least an hour of cardio in then come home and eat a full meal. Very healthy of course....might cut out starches I don't know. My dad said just put working out on hold till after Ramadan. Do you eat Sahur? I've never been one to eat it but I'm thinking about getting my green smoothie in at least some mornings.

I feel like I have to eat suhoor or I get so nauseous and sick feeling, plus I take meds in the morning that I need to take with food. My biggest issue is not having water during the day. I can't work out after iftar, so I'll be doing my workouts without water in the mornings/afternoons.
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Assalamu alaikum wr wb. With regards to sahoor, I have been told that having sahoor is supposed to help sustain us throughout the fasting hours, and there is blessing for those who consume sahoor. In shaa Allah, please feel free to add me if you would like :).
  • Muriumj
    Muriumj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I usually eat an egg or two for suhoor along with cereal (and milk)

I walk/ exercise right before iftar for at least 30-45 minutes

And for iftar I take two dates (take a prayer break) and then come back for a proper meal

Somehow I've been unable to lose weight since the last 14 months or so.. Need motivation

P.s. Happy Ramadan in advance
  • Isra_1
    Isra_1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    As long as we all stay under our calorie limits, it shouldn't be that hard. The problem arises when we start stuffing our faces every single day at iftaar and only get up from the table when we feel like we are going to explode.
    Make sure to get proteins and vegetables in you and avoid all the unhealthy snacks. You can have them in moderation, but dont go overboard. Enter your calories before you start eating and make sure you dont exceed them. If you are exceeding them, take something off of your plate and re enter.
    Its not hard if you are committed.
    Best of luck and Ramadan Mubarak!
    May this month be full of blessings and good deeds. Remember, dont spend all of your time stressing over diet and exercise. This holy month only comes once a year, and you never know which Ramadan may be your last one. Spend some time getting closer to Allah, and being a good Muslim.
  • mirianyusm
    mirianyusm Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ramadan Mubarak everybody!
  • SeptemberRain81
    Options
    mirianyusm wrote: »
    Ramadan Mubarak everybody!

Ramadan Mubarak to you as well!!
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Ramadan Kareem! Would love some Muslim friends on here so feel free to add me!