Lots to lose

Options
andreadods
andreadods Posts: 37 Member
edited May 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I am 37, live in the UK and am married with 2 children. I weight nearly 300lbs and am short so frankly I resemble an umpa lumpa. An umpa lumpa who ate all the chocolate ha.

Most of my weight is also around my bottom and hips so my fat isn't even ha. I am a wonky far person.

This is going to be a long hard journey and definitely need some support. I welcome all friends no matter the shape and size and welcome all positive feedback. But if you are going to tell me that I should eat celery instead of chocolate then you will be disappointed with the outcome ha. I obviously haven't got to this weight without having a problem with food.

Oh and yet another problem. I have Psoriatic Arthritis. It's in most of my joints and I feel poorly a lot. I walk with crutches or use an electric wheelchair. But I have started going to the gym twice a week and am loving being back. Even if what I can do now is very different and I have to have someone to help me.

I need to do this for me. And in a way I need to prove myself wrong. I have given up on myself so many times now.

So would be great to have anyone along on the journey

Replies

• feltona
    feltona Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Andrea! I'm 28 and I weigh almost 300 lbs as well. I will not give up either! I realize now I have a food addiction, which makes it a lot harder :/ But I cleared my fridge and only buy what I need for the day to help me.

I wish you the best of luck! You will do this!
  • andreadods
    andreadods Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply and the request x
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Guess what, you are actually one of the few who got it right ( IMO)
    there's no reason to give up chocolate ( unless you have a medical condition) and eat only celery. Incorporating the foods you love into a well balanced wide variety diet is a great choice! Learning moderation and portion control will set you up for long term success. Learning how to incorporate treats goes a long way and sets you up for long-term success.
    Could you imagine going through life without ever having a cake or candy? I couldn't. So I learned how to incorporate those things into my diet early on. A lot of people deprive themselves of treats and it ends up backfiring for a lot of people.
    Remember this- weight loss comes from creating a caloric deficit. Weight loss- calorie deficit
    As long as you create a calorie deficit you will lose weight. There's no need to go to extremes or go on fad diets because weight loss ultimately comes from creating a caloric deficit.
  • jweb007
    jweb007 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I’m on the same page! But coming in at over 300. A lot of work to do! But we can!