SAHM/WAHM Looking for extra support

Options
I'm about 30. I have two children, one almost 4 and the other almost 9 months. I've always struggled with weight especially after both pregnancies. My husband can be a great cheerleader but sometimes he just doesn't cut it.

So I'm looking to get some more support and motivation to get in shape again. I've got a large goal that I've broken up into 2 phases, so lets see what I can do on this first one.

MFP has been amazing in helping to keep me motivated so far, I just hope I can get that extra push I need.

:glasses: Thanks guys :flowerforyou:

Replies

• I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think thats all we really need!! Motivation and a support system.. And husbands try.. but there not the best cheerleaders. I have one of those as well. :) If I can help let me know!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i sent a friend request...im a SAHM
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm also a SAHM/WAHM... I have 4 and 6 year old boys. My husband tries, but he has always been able to eat pretty much whatever he wants without too much consequence. It's frustrating when he wants ice cream instead of salad for dinner! LOL!

Feel free to add me. I totally get the baby weight issues... I always gained post-post baby weight in the months after delivery!
  • Melatonin
    Melatonin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My husband is the same way!! Plus when he starts working out he looses the weight so much faster so it makes it much hard for me to stay motivated. Like why can't I do that. I know all bodies are different but geez. I love him to pieces though!

Kuddos to all the SAHM and WAHM mom's out there looking to do something for themselves!!

I look forward to the support
  • danjanicole
    Options
    I'm a SAHM as well, and a full time student. I only have one daughter, 2 years old. I'm looking for support and encouragment as well. My husband also tries to be my cheerleader, but he couldn't gain a pound if he tried, so he's not as much help as he thinks. Sending you friend request as soon as I figure out how to do that! Haha. (I'm new here, as of yesterday.)
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a SAHM to my 1-year-old little boy. My husband is supportive of my efforts but doesn't need to lose any weight himself and gets to eat 2 Little Debbie brownies at night while I have a fiber bar lol. My family pretty much only wants to hear about my efforts when they are on the weightloss wagon, but aren't supportive when they aren't being heathly. And I'm surrounded by friends who talk about needing to lose weight and then will invite me out for dinners and drinking (they also aren't moms so don't understand why that isn't always manageable for me) I'll send you a friend request--I could use the exta support too!
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM as well. I have one daughter and she is a very very energetic 4 year old! My husband is on the weight loss thing with me but I still need more support. He tries... but sometimes just doesn't cut it. Even still, he is having a much easier time losing weight than I am and it makes me sick! He just steadily keeps loosing and I have to bust my hump just to lose a half of a pound! It's frustrating. But I can do it and i'm hoping this time will stick! I don't have alot of "free" time as all you other SAHM know, mommy do this mommy i need that, but if I can squeeze in even 5 minutes of some sort of excersize, than that's a start. All the little five minutes here and there add up!!!
  • Melatonin
    Options
    I'm so excited about this!!! Thank you for all the support!! Glad to know there are others out there like me and we can all support each other!
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
  • Aczjohnson
    Aczjohnson Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    me, me, me! :) i'm a SAHM to my 3 year old daughter and i have 2 sons that are 10 and 12. my husband is a big cheerleader for me and usually will follow suit as he sees me trying - but he'll drop his weight by Friday and i'll gain his. i just recently stepped it up in ALL areas to lose weight - still nothing! ugh. TOM is currently cursing me as well so i'm hoping when that is gone, my weight will drop a bit. glad i found ya'll!

where is everyone from? i'm in Nashville.
  • Melatonin
    Options
    I just moved from TX to Colorado in the Denver area. Love it here! I get to go outside more :)