How can I reduce carbs?

Options
Hi, I am new to using this. I use to consume so much sugar a day (through depression and feeling with grief) resulting in 3 stone gain in a year. I still have sugar cravings but my will power is much better and I’m starting to have more energy finally. However this app says I still consume too many carbs (it needs to be 50%) but all I had was pineapple & cucumber, so I’m confused. Does anyone have any tips on how I can reduce carbs but still have energy (I need it with 4 kids) and how to get more protein and healthy fats. I don’t eat much meat, unfortunately don’t like fish but love all vegetables. 05pcw6am3yvz.png

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    The pie chart is showing the breakdown of what you've had to eat so far today. Unless you're done eating, it isn't indicating that you've had "too many" carbohydrates. That said, carbohydrates are found in fruits and vegetables. If you want to lower your carbohydrate consumption, you'll need to be mindful of your fruit and vegetable consumption and eat more foods with protein and fat.

Instead of thinking about limiting carbohydrates, it may be more helpful to think about meeting your needs for protein and fat. If you focus on getting enough protein and fat, the carbohydrates will naturally fall into place and you don't have to worry about limiting them.
  • JameyLynn84
    JameyLynn84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree I need to meet my needs more for protein, luckily I like eggs, grains and beans so will look into incorporating them into my diet more.
  • JameyLynn84
    Options
    Also thank you for replying
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I hate that pie chart, I think it confuses people -- focusing on total grams is so much more helpful.
  • JameyLynn84
    Options
    I totally agree. I’m struggling to fulfill the amount of calories it’s suggesting too, despite eating 5 times a day and feeling full. So I’m just gonna relax watching the charts