critiqued for eathing healthy

Options

Replies

• McWilkie
    McWilkie Posts: 27
    Options
    You do YOU and I'll do ME. I'm quite happy with my life, thanks!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    It's not the short I'm worried about, it's the wide.

I also use the old favourite;
    "Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels."
  • cdevine10
    cdevine10 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ok I am so happy to read that other inlaws put your food choices down! I thought I was the only one that has to deal with this ****!! We go to my inlaws just about every Sunday and my husbands mom makes dinner. I am not just talking dinner I am talking like a 20 course meal with anything you can think of, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, ect, ect. The list goes on and on. It is SOOO hard for me to go out there and hardly eat anything. She makes nothing healthy! In fact I watched her make a ceasar salad once and she dumped the full fat dressing on, then put SUGAR on it. (who does that!?) I was like way to make a salad super unhealthy!!!!!! That is when I made my decision to not eat when I go out there. I make it a point to eat before and politely decline their food. Also it drives me crazy because my husband has been working on his health to and when he goes out there he totally goes out of control with his eating. It is so gross.

Ok that was my vent. :) Now on to more positives!
    Dont let people remarks get to you. You are doing the best thing for your body. I just think of how horrible I feel after I eat like ****. I think of how all I want to do is take a nap and who wants to nap their life away? I love how I feel after I have eaten healthy and worked out, and that is what makes me keep going!
    Stay strong!!
  • healermoon
    healermoon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love that!
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    this would be when "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" would b appropriate!
  • MarySunshine70
    Options
    I love this!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    How about "I'm a grownup so I get to make my own decisions now. I won't tell you not to eat it, if you stop trying to get me to eat it."
  • MarySunshine70
    Options
    I haven't had anything like that. I often get asked if I am on a diet, but I just say no.

This is my favorite response, because it's not that I'm trying to be abnormal, weird, or offensive.... just that this IS the healthiest way to eat for the LONG TERM.
    But, I do REEEEAlLLLLLy want to say, " After 20+ years of criticizing my eating, I though you'd know by now you can't BULLY me into being CHUBBY!!"
    That would feel good for roughly 10 seconds.
  • craig1768
    craig1768 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    How about, 'Actually my life will probably be longer because of the choices that I am making (Tub-O)!' (this part is optional, depends on how pissed you are for someone telling you that)). :)
  • lhoppe
    lhoppe Posts: 10
    Options
    Love all the posts and support. My topic was actually for my daughter (on MFP and has lost 40 lbs) who is constantly critiqued by in-laws about how she needs to eat "normal food" and normal to them is Pork Ribs, Beef, Fried foods, Potatoes, Pizza... Most of their cooking is out of a can, jar or prepared type foods. The other difficult thing for them to understand is she's a Vegetarian. She will usually bring her own main dish item, to not make a big deal at gatherings. Helpful to see others have the same issues with in-laws. Had to laugh at some of your very witty replies! Thanks for the support!
  • kimmae17
    kimmae17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    my coworkers always make comments like that when i turn down desserts and such in the office. or just take a small slice. They will comment how I should have more becuase I'm skinny. NO Im SKINNY because i only take a bite, or avoid the fatty stuff altogether. Its not that complicated. I make an amazing carrot cake, and brought it to work and several people stated that they cant believe I can bake because im skinny. really?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    "Life will be longer and the dessert sweeter if I eat dessert when I really want it, not every time it's offered."
  • bcattoes
    Options
    It's not the short I'm worried about, it's the wide.

I like that one!!
  • bcattoes
    Options
    My husband's parents are TRULY OFFENDED by my not eating their fattening foods. They literally feel that when I reject their food that I am rejecting them. It is sad and makes me not want to be around them.

I get the same thing. Even though they both have heart disease and he has diabetes. They not only try to make me eat fatty, salty foods and dessert, but then want me to take some home. Sometimes I take it and just throw it away just so it won't be there for them to eat.
  • lhoppe
    Options
    my coworkers always make comments like that when i turn down desserts and such in the office. or just take a small slice. They will comment how I should have more becuase I'm skinny. NO Im SKINNY because i only take a bite, or avoid the fatty stuff altogether. Its not that complicated. I make an amazing carrot cake, and brought it to work and several people stated that they cant believe I can bake because im skinny. really?

I get that too, since people call me skinny. Or I get comments if I do eat a dessert "you are so lucky you can get away with eating that and stay skinny like you do....." I just tell them it's my active lifestyle that affords me to indulge occassionally.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I tell people who give me grief that sweets give me diarheera (right at the table) and they never give me grief again.
    hahahahah...rotflmao...hahahahahaha
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    "who says I'm not enjoying myself? I've never enjoyed life more now that I have started getting healthy"

"There are things in life more enjoyable than food, and I want to enjoy those for a LONG time!"
  • 2fabulous2Bunfit
    2fabulous2Bunfit Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    "And thats the reason America is obese!"
    "Life is too short to be unhealthy"
    "Life it too short to waste time eating dessert"
    "you can be happy and fat, and I will be happy and skinny" LOL
  • lhoppe
    Options
    "And thats the reason America is obese!"
    "Life is too short to be unhealthy"
    "Life it too short to waste time eating dessert"
    "you can be happy and fat, and I will be happy and skinny" LOL

REALLY like the last quote.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I avoid this entirely by never turning down dessert when offered. :wink:

I hate the phrase "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

I've been skinny. I've been overweight. I've been (now) healthy and fit. There's loads of things that taste better than skinny felt. I don't care if I have to work harder. I'm having the cake, dammit! :laugh: