10 months, 135 pound loss. (5'9" female)

Options
rbfdac
rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
edited May 2018 in Success Stories
Hey guys, I never in my life imagined I would be able to post a "success" story on MFP, and it feels weird. It feels almost like I'm not posting in the right place.

I have yo-yoed in weight for the last ten years of my life, only ever getting down to 250 at my lowest before this time. My highest weight was 350 pounds and I started this particular leg of my journey at 311. I. was. miserable. Everything hurt. My back went out on me for three entire days last summer and I laid on my floor as my husband and 3 year old son brought me things. We went to the beach and took a boat ride, swam in the ocean and I almost got stuck in the water. I could not pull myself back on the boat for the life of me. It took TWO men to help me back up and I was winded! I constantly thought of where I would fit, whether or not I would break something and who all would be able to see/stare at me. At 311 pounds, I would literally dream about being the weight I am currently. I imagined all of the things that I would be able to do- I imagined running at the gym with my husband and doing outdoor activities with my kid. I also imagined that I would feel a certain way and see myself in a certain way and would just get giddy about it. I had a number on the scale in mind and a size of clothing in mind and was determined to get there.

I'm happy to report that all of the dreams about my physical activity and body goals have come true. I am in the best physical shape of my entire life and cannot be more thankful! I've also hit my original goal weight (I've currently adjusted it) and my goal size. I do not, however, feel how I thought I would feel. I struggle with my body image and have a very hard time "seeing" my success. I do not "feel" the way that I imagined that I would. I literally feel like the same person, and I did not imagine that. I have a lot of loose skin and I tend to hyper focus on those areas instead of being happy with the physical progress that my body has made. Often times I look at a selfie or a picture that somebody took and do not recognize the person in the photo and think "Oh, it was just the angle". I wear clothing that I cannot imagine that my body fits into and then think "Oh, this must be vanity sized". This is something that I'm working on. I am, however, getting stronger every single day and loving the life that I'm living! I'm focusing on celebrating fitness milestones and trying to become more comfortable with the body that I'm currently in.

All of this was to say- I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY thankful for where I am today. I am blessed beyond belief that I can do everything that I hoped and prayed that I would be able to do. But, I also wanted to share with those who are on this same journey that your brain might not follow exactly the path you think it will.

Guys, there are tough days. There are days that truly suck. Your motivation will waver. There will be happy tears and sad tears. This journey is emotional. But you've got to keep going-- do whatever it takes. Future you will FREAKING THANK YOU for the amazing life that you have given yourself.

SW- 311 CW- 176 (new)GW- 165

3bbzpw7a79qi.jpg
a3ghj06vryfv.png
4bpob8gsmkrl.png
037nfb31ouea.jpg
1ff4bnmmxvrz.png

Replies

• jatdh1753
    jatdh1753 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you for sharing your wonderful and inspiring story! Congratulations to you on your fantastic progress!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congratulations!! Those before pictures don't even look like you!! How proud you must be of everything you've accomplish! Stay positive and remember you are worth every second of good health you have. Seriously, you look great. Don't focus on anything but the reality that you've done this and you deserve this!!!
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story - an amazing transformation!
  • alcomer
    alcomer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    absolutely amazing! You look awesome!
  • JoAnna4731
    JoAnna4731 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! The success you have seen - is REAL. It is a fact that you are down 135 lbs. It is undeniable that you are fitting into far smaller sizes than you did at 311 lbs. Do not doubt these facts. You did that; you earned the right to be proud and giddy and over the moon. CONGRATULATIONS!
  • MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an inspiration!
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your wedding dress is hanging off you! You look amazing.
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I needed to hear it right this minute! Especially the part about not giving up as future me would thank current me. You are absolutely transformed and I hope your brain catches up with your body soon. You were a lovely bride and look both healthy and beautiful now.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Astounding transformation! I truly hope your head catches up with your body and you begin to realize more frequently just how awesome you are. What an amazing gift you've given your son...a healthy mom that is going to be around for a very long time(God willing), that can do active things with him and a wonderful role model.
  • LuvUbutGoodbyeCarbs
    LuvUbutGoodbyeCarbs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Amazing work, well done. Such a gift now to be able to be active with your family, I'm sure they appreciate all the effort you have put in to your success!
  • Ver000nika
    Ver000nika Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Well done!
  • pe4sandra2
    pe4sandra2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful...healthy and happy. Congrats!
  • smooshwoosh
    smooshwoosh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just stunning! You’re my height & your post almost makes me believe I can do it if you can. Thank you!
  • noumena_
    noumena_ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*, girl. You are stunning. I'm so happy for you. I think that's one thing we all need to come to terms with after weight loss - it doesn't fix your problems, and it doesn't automatically make you happy. I hope you find a way to fall in love with yourself because you SO deserve it and you are gorgeous and beyond that you are a healthy mother and role model to your little guy. Congrats <3
  • jonagolddreams
    jonagolddreams Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, you look great! Your hard work has really paid off. I can't wait until I'm more after picture than before picture. :p
  • itsgood
    itsgood Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! You worked hard and it shows! I'm really happy for you that you have re-claimed your health! It must feel amazing to be able to move easily and freely! Thanks for sharing!
  • jshaw2025
    jshaw2025 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    What an amazing change! You look great. Your change isn't only for your appearance, but for your health. You have completely changed your future! (And the future's looking good
  • hapamama23
    hapamama23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!
  • fatty_cakezxoxo
    fatty_cakezxoxo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing !!! You are doing amazing !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!