Something Sweet

Options
I need help... I have a terrible sweet tooth and its my main downfall. Whenever I go out to dinner I always feel like the meal isn't complete with out something sweet after. Last night I went out and followed my program to a T but then made a detour to the store after for something sweet (cause I never keep anything in the house, I can't be trusted...LOL) Do you have any suggestions...

Replies

• Geni2day
    Options
    I need help... I have a terrible sweet tooth and its my main downfall. Whenever I go out to dinner I always feel like the meal isn't complete with out something sweet after. Last night I went out and followed my program to a T but then made a detour to the store after for something sweet (cause I never keep anything in the house, I can't be trusted...LOL) Do you have any suggestions...
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Eat fruit or get some of the small serving sweets, like the 100 calorie packs you can find.

I used to be like that. In fact I grew up in a home where my Dad said that having no dessert was cause for divorce!

By eating better, my sweet cravings have gone away
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I buy the Weight Watchers Smart Ones desserts to keep in my freezer. They've got about half a dozen yummy flavors in single serve portions and most are 150-200 calories. I also will sometimes keep a box of fudgsicle or creamsicle bars in my freezer which are only 60 calories and sweet and yummy.
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    :smile: Sometimes a cup of coffee or tea with sweetener can fool the body and satisfy the sweet tooth.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    frozen crystal light is nice and very few cals
  • Geni2day
    Options
    Thank you everyone... some good things to try! Not sure the fruit will work for me, it just doesn't satisfy me like a dessert item.. but absolutely will try the frozen crystal light... I also like the WW frozen desserts... thank you!!
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    The diet swiss miss hot chocolate packets are only 25 calories and great!:drinker:

109912.png
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    when I get a sweet tooth I chew gum-
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    The diet swiss miss hot chocolate packets are only 25 calories and great!:drinker:

109912.png

wowo Kudo's to you for your weight loss--
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and struggle with it daily..

A couple of things that I have tried: hot tea with honey and individually wrapped mint Lifesavers. Sometimes just a taste is enough.

However, I sometimes have trouble stopping at one Lifesaver..

Good luck.. janiebeth
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Depending on how many calories I have left, I love the sugar free fat free pudding made with skim milk and two teaspoons of cool whip free. Less than 100 calories. I also suck on a Wether's original candy, they are so good and not bad calories either.
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone... some good things to try! Not sure the fruit will work for me, it just doesn't satisfy me like a dessert item.. but absolutely will try the frozen crystal light... I also like the WW frozen desserts... thank you!!

Oh boy, we are joined at the hip on this one...I LOVE my sweets, and I won't give them up for anything, i'm french canadian, grew up on sugar pie for desert and molasses cookies!!

when i'm craving really bad, which is most nights I make these cookies, simple and quick and three cookies are under 100 calories!!

1 devil food chocolate cake mix
    1 egg
    2 egg whites
    1/4 cup minus 1 tablespoon of prune puree (I use the little baby food jar kind)
    1 tablespoon of oil
    chocolate chips, white chips, nuts....whatever you like. mind you the nuts will put you up in calories, the chocolate chips are already in the calculations

blend all this together, drop by tsp onto sheet, bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes let cool 3 minutes on sheet move to a rack, around 34 calories a cookie and 1 gram of fat, these are sooo yummy,
    the 100 cal packs are nice, but I love sweets that come from the oven, taste sooo much better.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options

Oh boy, we are joined at the hip on this one...I LOVE my sweets, and I won't give them up for anything, i'm french canadian, grew up on sugar pie for desert and molasses cookies!!

when i'm craving really bad, which is most nights I make these cookies, simple and quick and three cookies are under 100 calories!!

1 devil food chocolate cake mix
    1 egg
    2 egg whites
    1/4 cup minus 1 tablespoon of prune puree (I use the little baby food jar kind)
    1 tablespoon of oil
    chocolate chips, white chips, nuts....whatever you like. mind you the nuts will put you up in calories, the chocolate chips are already in the calculations

blend all this together, drop by tsp onto sheet, bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes let cool 3 minutes on sheet move to a rack, around 34 calories a cookie and 1 gram of fat, these are sooo yummy,
    the 100 cal packs are nice, but I love sweets that come from the oven, taste sooo much better.
    YUM this would make great valentine's dessert!
  • craigc155
    Options
    I had the SWEETEST tooth ever - couldn't end a meal w/out something sweet. I have lost over 100 lbs. in the last two years...even w/ a sweet tooth! The final 20 lbs. have been very stubborn - so about a month ago, I gave up sugar. Cold turkey. And - I found out that my sweet tooth is diminishing! I don't need something sweet after a meal - in fact, I don't need something sweet at all. It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be! This seems odd - but I also use to brush my teeth right after eating - something sweet doesn't sound as good w/ a minty taste!