Intermittent fasting

Options
Hello, currently I am following a 5:2 cycle. Only eating 20% of my daily intake (500 calories) - was wondering if anyone has any ideas suggestions for filling and low calorie meals (if there is such a thing) and snacks that are under 100 calories and are filling. Currently on fasting days I usually try to eat water based vegetables (cucumbers/celery sticks)

Been doing this for about a couple of weeks and am starting to see slow changes and drop in my overall weight.

Any advice or just drop in to say hi :smile:

Replies

• sweetastheycome
    sweetastheycome Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Omg yes ive been doing fasting for 2mnths now. Almonds are my go to cashews are as well but are high in fat so im careful. Black bean chili , avocado toast with salsa some people like egg or ill buy or make high fiber smoothie
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Different people are satiated by different things. If it was me, I would focus on lots of low cal, fibrous veggies and then either more protein if you find protein filling or more fat if you find fat filling. I personally couldn't do 5:2 because I would pass out on the low cal days, but I'm sure others will be along!
  • mkhawaja08
    mkhawaja08 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Omg yes ive been doing fasting for 2mnths now. Almonds are my go to cashews are as well but are high in fat so im careful. Black bean chili , avocado toast with salsa some people like egg or ill buy or make high fiber smoothie

I like the Idea of black bean chili - i usually eat some turkey chili at night. How has it been working out for you for the past two months?
  • mkhawaja08
    mkhawaja08 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Different people are satiated by different things. If it was me, I would focus on lots of low cal, fibrous veggies and then either more protein if you find protein filling or more fat if you find fat filling. I personally couldn't do 5:2 because I would pass out on the low cal days, but I'm sure others will be along!

Yikes! to the passing out. Yea the first couple of weeks were really rough! but now I think my body is adjusting to it. I love hopping into Trader Joes and getting some of their boxed under 500 calorie meals and usually just eat that for dinner.
  • ursula130
    ursula130 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Am I allowed to share a picture of my dinner? Because it was the end of my fast day. And I've been thinking about asparagus all day