Thai Food

Options
Going to a Thai Restaurant tonight and I don't want to go overboard. Any suggestions on what to eat?

Replies

• pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Thai food has so many white rice and noodle dishes...that is hard. Maybe some sort of yummy soup? Seafood with vegetables perhaps? Good luck!
  • dmarsek
    dmarsek Posts: 8
    Options
    My wife and I are going out for Thai tonight too. I was thinking of asking the same question. I guess this will be my "free" meal for the week and I'll make sure I don't stuff myself.
  • Jackie_Snape80
    Options
    Start with a simple vegetable soup(usually just vegetables, spices, and broth) Great tasting and you won't fill up on the main dish so much(meaning leftovers!) As for the main dish, try a vegetable curry with tofu(yeah, tofu) or maybe chicken. Split it(and the rice it comes with)in half. 200-400 calorie meal and satisfying. Many thai places also have good salads that aren't just lettuce and a few veggies. Some comes with curry, tofu, meat, etc. Just be careful that it's not drowning in it

Also, try going for the hot curry; you'll be satisfied faster and won't go overboard(usually). Chopsticks are also a must for helping you not eat it all at once. It takes longer for the food to be eaten, meaning that you will be more likely to notice you are full

I just had thai for lunch...awesome!
  • feyapl
    feyapl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Pad Woon Sen is my go-to; the "noodles" are actually bean threads and at our local place, it's served with egg, shrimp, and a ton of veggies (snow peas, onions, carrots, etc) - though if you don't like shrimp, you can ask for chicken or beef. It's delicious and I usually take half of it home.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I usually go with the chicken satay (grilled chicken on skewer) and steamed dumplings (no peanut sauce) when I'm trying to be good. Maybe soup too. Tom Yum is really good - spicy broth with shrimp or mixed seafood (depending on the place) and mushrooms.

Like any other asin selections, avoid anything crunchy, crispy or fried.
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i had thai last week and got the chicken pad thai.. it was so yummy. i ate only half the portion.. but you could opt for something with less carbs and lots of veggies. enjoy!
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Stir fried ginger tofu and veggies is my ultimate Thai meal, and I try to eat only half the rice that comes with it. Of course, any meat can replace tofu.