Why im not able to lose weight?

aggpan
aggpan Posts: 12 Member
Hi! I ve started a diet of 1200kcal three weeks ago but ive only lost one kilo. I try to eat only healty food and i also exercise at least 3 times per week (crossfit+pilates) . I only want to lose 4kilos (3 pending) that I gained from my last pregancy (last year). Any ideas why im stuck?

thanks
AP

Replies

• aggpan
    oh ok really?? to be honest the last time i was on a diet was a decade ago, much younger so i realise that probably im no longer able to lose the extra weight very quickly. Thank you for your response :)
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Just keep at it, slow and steady wins the race!
  • JMcGee2018
    JMcGee2018 Posts: 275 Member
    One kilo in 3 weeks is great, especially if you're already at a healthy weight.
  • aggpan
    thank you for the motivation guys!! xx :):)
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    edited May 2018
    1kg in 3 weeks is fine :) The last time I lost weight (about 40kg in total) the whole process took about two years? And the last 5kg took almost half a year (1/4 of the time)!
  • aggpan
    Oh wow ! Well done! I’m trying hard but after a while eating clean gets much easier xx
  • aggpan
    clean eating is about eating whole foods, or "real" foods — those that are un- or minimally processed, refined, and handled, making them as close to their natural form as possible i.e. an apple instead of apple juice/apple pie
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    aggpan wrote: »
    clean eating is about eating whole foods, or "real" foods — those that are un- or minimally processed, refined, and handled, making them as close to their natural form as possible i.e. an apple instead of apple juice/apple pie

And how does clean eating specifically help you lose weight?

So foods like Greek yogurt, steel cut oats, quinoa, and frozen veggies aren’t “real”?
  • EllieTheLondoner
    EllieTheLondoner Posts: 33 Member
    Sadly it's an incredibly slow process, and the closer you are to your target weight the slower it becomes. Plus your period will mess with your numbers for a week of the month, so try not to get disheartened or impatient! If the numbers are moving in the right direction, you're doing the right things and it will happen! Hang in there!
  • aggpan
    edited May 2018
    WinoGelato wrote: »

So foods like Greek yogurt, steel cut oats, quinoa, and frozen veggies aren’t “real”? [/quote

Ok I get the comment about the fact that i need to reduce the calories etc
    But I prefer to reduce calories and eat healthy choices at the same time.,,for example to get the same calories as a Big Mac by eating a steak and homemade salad with organic tomatoes.
    Also to exercise at the same time..Ideally I would like to lose weight and also be fit, strong and healty...In any case I would definetely add greek yougurt and frozen veggies under 'MY healty eating' list :)
  • aggpan
    hoofman04 wrote: »
    Hi! I ve started a diet of 1200kcal three weeks ago but ive only lost one kilo. I try to eat only healty food and i also exercise at least 3 times per week (crossfit+pilates) . I only want to lose 4kilos (3 pending) that I gained from my last pregancy (last year). Any ideas why im stuck?

thanks
    AP

You may have plateaued and may need to consume. I was on keto dropped 40lbs and plateaued at 167. I started cheat weekends and broke through losing another 4 pounds. You might need to do that considering that in your pic you look like you dont need to lose anymore.

Thank you dear -i might try this! Sadly this photo is a VERY old one, like a decade ago one and before having 3 children ...but its my goal weight thats why i chose this one ;)
  • WinoGelato

So foods like Greek yogurt, steel cut oats, quinoa, and frozen veggies aren’t “real”? [/quote

But I prefer to reduce calories and eat healthy choices at the same time.,,for example to get the same calories as a Big Mac by eating a steak and homemade salad with organic tomatoes.
    Also to exercise at the same time..Ideally I would like to lose weight and also be fit, strong and healty...In any case I would definetely add greek yougurt and frozen veggies under 'MY healty eating' list :)

I think everyone you meet here would advocate eating an overall healthy diet, but it’s important to understand that just eating clean doesn’t guarantee weight loss, clean means something different to everyone that talked about doing it, that labeling something “processed” and something else “real” doesn’t really adequately convey what nutritional contribution it makes to your diet, and in the context of an overall balanced diet, there’s nothing wrong with a Big Mac or any other junk food in moderation. I don’t usually choose a Big Mac but if I’m out running around with my kids on a Saturday it’s kind of hard to accommodate a steak and homemade salad with organic tomatoes, but I can fit in a grilled chicken sandwich and side salad from Wendy’s pretty easily. That it came from a fast food place doesn’t negate the fact that it has protein, carbs, fat and micro nutrients.

No sarcasm - just trying to help point out how generally unhelpful it is to arbitrarily label foods.
  • aggpan

I think everyone you meet here would advocate eating an overall healthy diet, but it’s important to understand that just eating clean doesn’t guarantee weight loss, clean means something different to everyone that talked about doing it, that labeling something “processed” and something else “real” doesn’t really adequately convey what nutritional contribution it makes to your diet, and in the context of an overall balanced diet, there’s nothing wrong with a Big Mac or any other junk food in moderation. I don’t usually choose a Big Mac but if I’m out running around with my kids on a Saturday it’s kind of hard to accommodate a steak and homemade salad with organic tomatoes, but I can fit in a grilled chicken sandwich and side salad from Wendy’s pretty easily. That it came from a fast food place doesn’t negate the fact that it has protein, carbs, fat and micro nutrients.

No sarcasm - just trying to help point out how generally unhelpful it is to arbitrarily label foods.

No but I would question the source of this protein and fat .. do they use extra virgin olive oil? is the chicken full of hormones or free range ? By all means I absolutely LOVE wendys and im going to eat there every now and then but its not a healthy choice and Im trying to avoid thats all...
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Stick with it. It took me 1 month to see anything after I started again in January. You don't have much to lose and 1 kilo, as everyone's said already, is a good loss for three weeks of dieting.

Best of luck!
  • aggpan
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    Stick with it. It took me 1 month to see anything after I started again in January. You don't have much to lose and 1 kilo, as everyone's said already, is a good loss for three weeks of dieting.

Best of luck!

Thank you! Good luck to you too :)
  • WinoGelato

No but I would question the source of this protein and fat .. do they use extra virgin olive oil? is the chicken full of hormones or free range ? By all means I absolutely LOVE wendys and im going to eat there every now and then but its not a healthy choice and Im trying to avoid thats all...

Again... why is it not a healthy choice? What’s active harm does Wendy’s do to your health?

You’re obviously free to choose however you want to eat and it sounds like you’ve got a set of rules you’re trying to follow for yourself - but it’s still an arbitrary and subjective set of parameters for you and not something that is definitive and consistent. Wendy’s can be part of an overall balanced and healthy diet. So can pretty much any food. Eating antibiotic free meats and extra virgin olive oil is certainly something that many people strive for, but it doesn’t make them objectively healthy foods and foods that don’t adhere to these guidelines objectively unhealthy.