Stubborn areas.!!

Options
Been losing weight. The stomach, thighs and basically everywhere else has gone down.
But the arms! The bingo arms!!!!!! The bingo arms are not shedding off!!!!
I use weights 3 times a week for specific arms exercises. And I ensure I work out every muscle in my arm.
I work out other areas as well likr my abdomen and legs but I am more determined when it comes to working on my arms. The flab! the disgusting flab especially on the right arm is so obvious!!! Frustrated. Any pointers to help target that area?

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Patience and consistency
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't target fat loss in any particular area of your body. You gain/lose fat according to your genetic fat distribution pattern, and no food, supplement or exercise will change that. Exercise works the muscles beneath the fat but it does nothing to eliminate the fat itself, as fat can't be exercised.

As jjpptt2 said, patience and consistency is the key.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Both of those^^
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    We are our own worst critics! Also, many of us secretly (or not secretly) want to look like bathing suit models. I try to shake it off and focus on health, fitness, and success in many other areas. Of course, if you focus on fitness and health, your body will respond!
  • cleesus
    cleesus Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Unfortunately, you can't target fat loss in any particular area of your body. You gain/lose fat according to your genetic fat distribution pattern, and no food, supplement or exercise will change that. Exercise works the muscles beneath the fat but it does nothing to eliminate the fat itself, as fat can't be exercised.

As jjpptt2 said, patience and consistency is the key.

This