Does it get easier? 30DS

Options
I tried 30DS on Friday. I was only able to do 10min of it before I couldn't take it any longer. I my legs are still sore as hell today, after not doing it for 3 days now. Should I keep trying to do as much as I can until I can no longer to it every day, no matter if its only 5min?

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Yes it does get easier and then you switch to a harder workout. it is only 2o minutes just keep telling your self that. I watched the clock on that workout lol Have you had any babies? I was in labour for 12 hours with my and that makes 20 minutes seem like nothing. try to get it done in the morning to get it over with. And modify it all at the beginning. and take a 5 second break if you need a break during the cardio. as long as you are moving (int he beginning) you should see results. you will get so strong from this.
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does! I started on Level 1 (I did it every day). I was sore for 4 days straight. But by days 5 and 6, I was no longer sore and I could get through the entire workout without stopping. I mover on to Level 2 on Day 7 and the cycle is reapeating itself. My body is sore (Mainly my shoulders) but I know it will last for only a few days.

You've just got to hang in there through the rough patches before things start getting good. I would definitely suggest doing it daily with NO DAYS OF REST. This is what worked for me.

I've only been doing the Shred for 8 days and have already lost 7 pounds. So far, I"m loving it.

Keep at it!
  • isabelk
    isabelk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    LOL after day 1 I took a shower and I had to have my husband comb my hair for me afterwards! But by day 7 I wasn't so sore and I was ready for level 2 on day 11. Keep at it! Modify it the first time around if you want to. There's always the next 30 days to do it differently.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Yes you should keep going! Stop for a few seconds and rest. Then start again. Each time you WILL be able to do more and more. Stick with Anita and follow her. You will get used to it and have AMAZING results for only 20 minutes a day!!
    I am on day 19 level 2 day 10. I took days off but I did different workouts on those days like riding my stationary bike. Find what works for you, but don't give it. Tell that voice in your head that is saying it is too hard to shut up! YOU CAN DO IT!
    Tomorrow I start level 3. Yay me!!
  • amyers35
    amyers35 Posts: 51
    Options
    Yes, it does! I started on Level 1 (I did it every day). I was sore for 4 days straight. But by days 5 and 6, I was no longer sore and I could get through the entire workout without stopping. I mover on to Level 2 on Day 7 and the cycle is reapeating itself. My body is sore (Mainly my shoulders) but I know it will last for only a few days.

You've just got to hang in there through the rough patches before things start getting good. I would definitely suggest doing it daily with NO DAYS OF REST. This is what worked for me.

I've only been doing the Shred for 8 days and have already lost 7 pounds. So far, I"m loving it.

Keep at it!

im curious, why would you suggest "daily with NO DAYS OF REST"?
  • sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Your supposed to do it for 30 days straight... hence 30 Day Shred.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    If you are CONSISTENT, it gets easier. Sporadic exercise doesn't net great results.
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    Yes!! Keep at it!

Listen, I've been shredding religiously for over a year. I just did Level 1 today for my workout. I still sweated like a beast and my heart still felt like it would explode.

You get leaner, you get stronger, and you can work it harder. Your heart will get stronger and you'll be able to make it the whole way to the end - and do another Shred after that - but it doesn't necessarily get "easier".

Stay with it lady!!!!! You'll see awesome results, but more than that, you'll FEEL awesome results, in your endurance and muscles.
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    ^^^^Yup, what sugarlovebug and ninerbuff said.
  • alanaosu
    alanaosu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem as you when I started. I did level one last nigh for the first time in ages (but after following a regular exercise programme for the past few months) and man, I found it easy. I don't ache at all today and will do level 2 later.

Try muting the volume and putting your own music on. The moves are pretty easy to follow and you'll learn to count reps after a few goes.
  • wevans03
    Options
    Yes it does get easier. I am on Day 5 and I am still a little sore from last nights workout, but did feel a difference in last nights routine. It was much easier, I am going to move on to Level 2 tomorrow and see how challenging it will be. I have always had trainers tell me that to get rid of sore muscles you have to continue to use them. Keep at it, and you will see a big difference. :smile:
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options

I chose to use 5 lb weights in level 1 and 2. My arms needed a day of recovery like every 3 days! I still am getting great results!
    I probably could have done it everyday with lighter weights but chose not to.
  • amyers35
    amyers35 Posts: 51
    Options

I know that, captain obvious. I was looking for an educated answer on why someone (even why Jillian Michaels) recommends 30 days straight same level for 10 days straight, etc. Growing up as an athlete my training schedule was light weights (different routine too) tues thurs sat ;"heavy weights" mon wed fri, so you are not working the same muscle groups back to back. And that rest days are VERY important for your muscles. Thats why i was looking for an answer on why you and even Jillian recommeds what she does on 30 day shred and ripped in 30. and i know speratic exercise does nothing- i am not saying i do that. i usually strive for one to two rest days a week.
  • mazza33
    mazza33 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ive just started....completed L1D3 today and my calfs are AGONY!!! But I have noticed the difference in my endurance already :) stick with it x
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Jillian recommends a rest day in Ripped in 30.
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yes I did 30 Day Shred it was brutal! Or so I thought until I did Ripped in 30. I gotta have my rest day or I can't continue doing anything. I actually miss Shred because although it was challenging it definitely gets you toned and builds your endurance up!
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    Completed L1D5 today and definately feel a difference between today and day 1 - Arms are still burning but I can do it non stop, just need to push myself a wee bit more with the depth of my lunges etc.
    I can now walk up and downstairs without wincing and go to the loo without holding onto the radiator ! :D
    Stick with it everyday, even through the stiffness, it does help