Anyone doing the 5:2 plan

Options
Ceadyk
Ceadyk Posts: 1 Member
Interested to hear if anyone is doing this and the results?? 2 days out of 7 you eat 500 calories!!!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I couldn't and wouldn't do it - I just want to make sure you know that the results, if you mean weightloss, come from the calorie deficit you create and can sustain; 3500 calories deficit means a loss of 1 pound of fat. No matter what method you choose, that is how weightloss works.
  • ursula130
    ursula130 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Me.just had my first fast day. Which is really really long!!!
  • ursula130
    ursula130 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I couldn't and wouldn't do it - I just want to make sure you know that the results, if you mean weightloss, come from the calorie deficit you create and can sustain; 3500 calories deficit means a loss of 1 pound of fat. No matter what method you choose, that is how weightloss works.

Boah...what a way to be greeted :(
  • dkg_motivate
    dkg_motivate Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm doing intermittent fasting which is sometimes used along with the 5:2 plan. I eat the calories recommended by MFP but only for 6 hours a day. I never was able to do so few calories and wasn't completely sure that would be best for me. I have 18 hours straight water fasting. I started at 12 and slowly lengthened my fast. I'm 30 pounds down since January 17th. Have lost 1-2 pounds weekly faithfully. And my sugar cravings and snacking are completely gone.