New to ...well everything "fitness"

Options
gemsta75
gemsta75 Posts: 4 Member
Hi I'm 42yrs old very overweight, never excercised ever! So am happy to hear anything inspirational, tips or anything to make this journey easier... love a giggle so don't hold back! Xx
Been walking for about 2 weeks and managed 3 and half miles yesterday!! Also enjoying doing my food diary so let's see if I can do this!! Big love and peace out to all my bbw ladies xx

Replies

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Find a plan that works best for you and stick to it. Do not be discouraged if you steer off, just get right back on your program. I chose not to diet, but to change my thinking about food and to make healthier decisions as much as possible. It had to be something that I could live with the rest of my life. I have maintained a 200 lb weight loss for three years. Am I perfect? No. Have I had some gains along the way? yes, but I do not let it get me down or discourage me from sticking to my plan. Do not give up!
  • dpanagiotakos
    dpanagiotakos Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Take baby steps... :) "a journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step" - Lao Tzu
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Well you downloaded the right app support system can be great and also poor you have to want this more than anything else. It start with changing your diet going for long walks join gym classes such as spinning, Zumba, etc.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    slow and steady wins the race.
    read the stickies at the top of the forums
    get a food scale and weigh your food

That^
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You want inspirational? How about this story of one of my friends here: A 300+ lb 50 year old school teacher is now a competitive powerlifter who has lost 200+lb, still teaches school, and powerlifting classes, and has corporate sponsors. She's still in her 50's.
  • gemsta75
    gemsta75 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You want inspirational? How about this story of one of my friends here: A 300+ lb 50 year old school teacher is now a competitive powerlifter who has lost 200+lb, still teaches school, and powerlifting classes, and has corporate sponsors. She's still in her 50's.

That's amazing glad to hear what I thought was impossible is indeed possible! Thanks for that x
  • johndu41
    johndu41 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey, add away :)
  • gingersnaps7603
    gingersnaps7603 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with my weight for years. I am 42 yrs old and have been between 200-225 for past ten years, lingering around 210 mark. I am finally nearing the 190 mark. I've always hated exercise because I couldn't get motivated and was always tired. I joined and unjoined more gyms than I can remember because I am not a "gym person". I owned and sold more exercise equipment than I'd ever like to admit. What works for me now, and everyone is different, but for me it's walking. I got a fitbit and I walk outside and if bad weather I got those walking dvds. Good luck to you! You can do this! :smile: