Fresh Start

Options
Good day everyone,

My name is Danielle and I am currently on a weight-loss journey. This road has been really bumpy and simply difficult. I am just going to put my number out there--I am 198lbs and I am 5'3". Ive been working out 3-4x a week but have not been able to lose a pound. My doctor has told me to download the MYFitnessPal App on my phone and to record everything I eat. So far it, since its only been a day, is pretty easy. I just hope I can stick with it. I just hope this community can support me and give me encouraging words. I will do the same for others. Thank you

Replies

• jonagolddreams
    jonagolddreams Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    To me, food has always been a much larger component of weight loss than exercise- I hope MFP is a help to you, it has been eye opening to me so far, there is a wealth of knowledge here and lots of really nice people to cheer you on. Welcome! :)
  • BabyPhat1980
    BabyPhat1980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had a baby 8 months ago and was around 20-25 pounds overweight when I got pregnant. I would like to loose 30-40 pounds.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    One of the key things to using this app accurately is a food scale. Cups/spoons/guessing is not accurate in determining your caloric intake. You may be in a large enough deficit for now that you can get by without one, but if you find your weight loss stalling, be sure to get one and use it for greater accuracy. :)