Runner/foot injury

Options
Ive been doing a running plan for about 2.5 weeks now. Within the past few days ive developed a blister on the very end of my second toe (right foot). My second toe is slightly longer than the 1st on both feet. My shoes aren't too small, though I admit it's time for new ones. But it's only on one foot! Anyone else have this problem? Or advice?

Replies

• Jamiebaby05
    Jamiebaby05 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I notice that i sometimes aquire blisters when i am running either up or down hill....the friction is what causes it. You could also be using your right foot a little differently than your left or your toe being longer than your big toe could be taking the brunt of the impact causing the blister....
  • mbilling
    mbilling Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Cotton socks cause blisters for me, especially when it's hot...which it has really been.
  • zookeepersuzy
    Options
    Try putting some body glide or vaseline on your toes. There are some two layer socks (wright socks) that I think work really well to help prevent blisters, but they are kind of $$.
  • shelbym87
    shelbym87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!

@mbillings: what kind of socks do you use instead? It's very hot here, might be one of the reasons.

A friend of mine suggested I go to a "running" store. They will watch me walk or run to see what shoe would be best? Sounds too good to be true! Probably expensive!