300 calories left for the day.

Options
I Only have 300 calories left for the rest of the day. It's only 2pm what are some filling dinner ideas for only 300 cals?

Replies

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Are you counting macros, too? If so, what do you have left? Proteins, Fats, Carbs! If not, one cup of Brown Rice is 300 calories! :-)
  • LillyAKAChubbyUnicorn6456
    Options
    I am in the same boat, today! I am planning on a huge salad with tuna (in water) on top--and either lemon juice or balsamic vinegar drizzled on as "dressing." OR a protein spinach smoothie. Not sure which I'll be the mood for by the time I get home.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Try some fajitas. Grill some chicken or shrimp with onions and bell peppers.
  • cassiech1986
    cassiech1986 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Was thinking the same thing. Thank you!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Further to what @serindipte stated.....for me, it really is all about the week. So, seven consecutive days. I look at things in terms of one week, not in terms of a day. So, if I am way off on one day....who cares? I have - depending on where I am in that specific measure of time - a day or two or three to adjust. It helps, mentally. And with the scale and the weight. BTW - I also suggest having a "range" instead of having one solid, static number. Technically, if your goal is 194lbs and you kick *kitten* and get down to 195lbs....you failed, right? I mean, not really....but you know how the mind can play tricks on you. So, a range (say, 193 - 197 works well.....mentally....for me, anyway).
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Are you counting macros, too? If so, what do you have left? Proteins, Fats, Carbs! If not, one cup of Brown Rice is 300 calories! :-)

This! It's hard to advise if we don't know any other parameters you might try to meet.

If you are trying to make 300 calories keep you satisfied until bedtime, more protein and maybe drink more water to give a full feeling.

A 5oz can of chunk tuna in water is 100 calories. Mustard adds little to no calories. Even a teaspoon (not tablespoon) of mayo and relish doesn't add that much. I could make a go of that 2-3x spread out for the rest of the day for a protein and (healthy) fat filled snacks to take me to bedtime.

I don't normally eat into my exercise calories, but if I burned 1500-2000 calories in a 30+ mile bike ride, you can bet I'm not going to be able to keep below my prescribed 2250 cal/day 225g carb/day diet.

I don't eat into my exercise calories enough to ever feel guilty about going over the occasional day every fortnight.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Omelette!
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    amfmmama wrote: »
    Omelette!

My three egg omelette with bacon is usually 420-450 calories, so making a two egg omelette with peppers, onions, mushrooms and cheese is probably 300 calories, IIRC.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,982 Member
    Options
    For me, I'd PILE up on veggies, with some protein (fish or chicken breast), and skip the carbs. Flavor veggies with garlic salt and herbs. Oh, and I wouldn't stay up too late after eating, mostly because veggies are great but I find they don't have the sticking power, and a couple hours later I'm getting hungry again - so prefer to go to bed before I have time to dwell on that too much!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I also have 317 calories left. I am having a piece of baked chicken with roasted cauliflower. I am also walking because I want a little exercise every day. If I am still hungry I plan to fit in another serving of dairy
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    @serindipte and I think alike sometimes. In addition to planning normal weekly meals I have back-up supplies for days that I am finishing tight or finishing with too much surplus. I keep fish in the freezer for tight days. It is a great low-cal source of protein which is filling (for me) and it can be cooked from frozen without any problems.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    @serindipte and I think alike sometimes. In addition to planning normal weekly meals I have back-up supplies for days that I am finishing tight or finishing with too much surplus. I keep fish in the freezer for tight days. It is a great low-cal source of protein which is filling (for me) and it can be cooked from frozen without any problems.

Always have the fish :)
  • NovusDies
    Options
    For me some things like fish are like a first-aid kit to my diet. I am a planner though. I try to anticipate problems and have things in place for when/if they occur.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    For me some things like fish are like a first-aid kit to my diet. I am a planner though. I try to anticipate problems and have things in place for when/if they occur.

Exactly! Fish for the days there aren't many calories left, peanut butter/apples for when there are too many calories left. I do try to prelog most days to have an idea of where I need to add so I don't end up too far under or with too few left, but I don't always prelog, so I modify along the way.
  • NovusDies
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Yep. PB and apples in the house. I find myself on the surplus side a bit too often if I don't pre-log. I eat my biggest meal at lunch and if I am not paying attention I will go to log it and it will be half the calories I normally shoot for. It sounds like a good problem to have but it is annoying when you don't have as much appetite for dinner. For me it is ultimately better for days to go according to plan but they don't always and that is why it is good to be prepared.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    I have a load of batch-cooked veggie meals in the freezer that are around 250 calories.

Vegetable curries can come in really low; sweet potatoes, butternut squash, tinned tomatoes, onion and some red lentils flavoured with ginger, garlic, turmeric and garam masala. Roast aubergine can add bulk and flavour to things without many calories, and works well as the basis for mediterranean dishes.

Alternatively, there’s soups; a bowl of soup and a slice of bread normally comes in at around or under 300 calories. Or a small baked potato with beans (cheese isn’t usually worth the calorie cost at that amount, but you can always have a single slice and halve the beans).
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    150g prawns, skillet dry fried with some red onion and dump them on top of 100kcal of salad and veg, which is a lot of green .. sprinkle liberally with chilli's and franks hot sauce

you will have enough calories left for a greek yogurt flavoured with zero calory flavour drops

The chilli will numb your body and helo you keep full .... the yogurt will be a sweet treat and cool your mouth

nice amount of protein
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    This is what I had for 300 calories the other day and it was filling to me. Not very high in protein though, but you can replace the toast with more crab meat. I needed that bread for satiety.
    https://www.eatthismuch.com/recipe/view/tomato-fennel-and-crab-soup,45461/

But really, you don't really need to worry about going over for one day. Just eat what you usually do for dinner. It's not going to make that big of a difference.