Weight Loss Warriors Need More Recipes......(Closed Group)

Options
Ladies,

So far I only have 7 recipes, so there are a lot of you that didn't submit and we will not get the bonus points if we don't all have one.

Also, we still have 45 more miles to meet the 100 mile goal so if anyone has walked extra miles this week and not told me let me know.

Last but not least, I have many people who have not checked in this week on one or more days. If you think you may be one of them please let me know. I will also need everyone's current weight by saturday so I can submit them on Sunday.

Thanks everyone!!

Amanda

Replies

• ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am going to the gym tommorow to contribute more miles. I am saying one for now, but I might do way more than that. I also did one extra on tuesday. My current weight as of wednesday morning is 201 lbs.
  • amanda_100283
    Options
    I am going to the gym tommorow to contribute more miles. I am saying one for now, but I might do way more than that. I also did one extra on tuesday. My current weight as of wednesday morning is 201 lbs.

Sweet thanks. When you've completed your miles just email me and I will subtract them from the total. Thank you!! Good job on the weight loss too. :-)
  • RunThisWeigh
    RunThisWeigh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did 3 extra miles tonight and I also completed my challenge for the day

Is there anyway you can list who you do or dont have info from (maybe towards the end of each week)...I never know if I'm one of them and maybe you just didnt see my check in to you....

Thanks!
  • McHeather
    McHeather Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've been commenting on my daily completed excersizes how many miles and excersizes I've been doing I hope that's okay. I had thought weigh in day was Sunday - sorry for the late weigh in - I'll have it in for Saturday this week =)

I invented this recipe after trying to eat more Power Foods from Jillian Michaels and I love spagetti and sauce.
    Power Food Spagetti sauce:
    1tbsp Olive oil heated - add garlic, onion to saute. Add many other veggies chopped up. Last night I used carrots, zuchinni, and yellow pepper. Add a can of diced tomatoes or tomato sauce. Last night I had flavored already tomatoes - they were basil and something. If you only have plain tomatoes then you have to add your own spagetti seasoning - oregano and basil or whatever you like.
    I put this recipe in to myfitnesspal as 6 servings and it is 127 calories.

I serve this to my family with homemade meatballs and whole wheat pasta.

I also like most vegetables roasted in the oven with olive oil drizzled on it.
  • sanifr
    sanifr Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I did 2 miles last night and will do more this w/e. I'll send you my final tally on Saturday. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • amanda_100283
    Options
    I did 3 extra miles tonight and I also completed my challenge for the day

Is there anyway you can list who you do or dont have info from (maybe towards the end of each week)...I never know if I'm one of them and maybe you just didnt see my check in to you....

Thanks!

I planned on doing that today actually. :-) I figured I would give everyone the week to kinda straggle their info to me and by Friday I would post who I didn't have info from and what days. Looking back at my info I currently have you have checked in with me every day this week. :-) So thanks!!
  • amanda_100283
    Options
    I've been commenting on my daily completed excersizes how many miles and excersizes I've been doing I hope that's okay. I had thought weigh in day was Sunday - sorry for the late weigh in - I'll have it in for Saturday this week =)

I invented this recipe after trying to eat more Power Foods from Jillian Michaels and I love spagetti and sauce.
    Power Food Spagetti sauce:
    1tbsp Olive oil heated - add garlic, onion to saute. Add many other veggies chopped up. Last night I used carrots, zuchinni, and yellow pepper. Add a can of diced tomatoes or tomato sauce. Last night I had flavored already tomatoes - they were basil and something. If you only have plain tomatoes then you have to add your own spagetti seasoning - oregano and basil or whatever you like.
    I put this recipe in to myfitnesspal as 6 servings and it is 127 calories.

I serve this to my family with homemade meatballs and whole wheat pasta.

I also like most vegetables roasted in the oven with olive oil drizzled on it.

The only day I don't have from you is Monday. And there is a good possibility that I just missed it. You checking in with your daily exercise is fine. :-) Keep up the good work everyone is doing well.
  • amanda_100283
    Options
    Hello,

I did 2 miles last night and will do more this w/e. I'll send you my final tally on Saturday. Keep up the good work everyone!

Great thanks!!

As of right now we only have 22 miles to go for the 100 mile challenge. I plan on doing at least five this weekend which will bring us to 17 to go. :-)
  • RunThisWeigh
    RunThisWeigh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Turkey Meatloaf:
    1 lb ground turkey
    1 beaten egg
    1.5 cups whole wheat bread crumbs
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1/4 cup chopped celery
    2 Tbsp chopped onion
    1 tsp Dijon mustard
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper

Topping:
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 Tbsp brown sugar
    1.5 tsp white vinegar
    1/2 tsp dijon mustard

Mix ground turkey with all of the other ingredients (except the topping ingredients). Shape into a loaf and place into a loaf pan (greased with non-stick cooking spray). Combine all ingredients under "topping" and pour over the top of the loaf. Bake at 1 hour at 350 degrees.

This really reminds me of Thanksgiving (the combonation of the turkey, applesauce and breadcrumbs tastes a lot like turkey & stuffing!). I serve it with green beans & fresh cranberry sauce...a mini Thanksgiving any time of year!

Serves 5 people.
    299 calories per serving
    9 g fat
    29 g carb
    1 g fiber
    4 g sugar
    23 g protein

(recipe from Cooking Light magazine from YEARS ago!)