Please me honest with me. Do I sound paranoid (PLEASE NO RUDE ANSWERS OR IT WILL BE DELETED)?

Options
Okay I'm the kind of person that loves positivity and tries to make others happy. I've been told I'm too nice and expects everyone to like me. Well....I do. I am a kind living person and kind of too nice. I'm such a pushover that's why people don't respect me. At my job kids dont respect me because I was a pushover and now I'm tougher and firmer, they ignore me and refuse to acknowledge. My dad said this "too nice" *kitten* needs to stop and at times I'm going to be a *kitten* when someone deserves it. I tried to get my friends to join Jahova Whiteness but they told me no. I kept asking and begging and it wouls change their life bur they bluntly said no and back off. My guy friend said, "You're as annoying as the annoying orange and dull as dirt. I don't wanna join and back off! Got it? I asked my best friend if everyone thinks I'm annoying. My best friend said, "Well I hate to be the one to tell you this but....you're a pain in the *kitten*! You push people to join a group when they told you no, you are too agreeable, you can't better people and you need to accept that not EVERYONE will like you. Stop being paranoid!" Is she right?

Replies

• NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    No one wants to be preached to. Do your thing and take others for who they are.

Ps. Don’t know if you have read a lot of the threads here in chit chat but this is probably not your forum.

Take it down a notch, appreciate the people you have for who they are and leave it at that
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of when vegans try to convert me.

Well...... Meat is murder, you know?

Why eat anything with a face?

What kind of monster are you anyway?

Convinced yet?

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Convinced yet?

Keto
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Convinced yet?

Keto

Natch.

<3
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Religion wise, if someone says "No Thanks" lay off . Religion is too deeply personal to most people, that anyone trying to convince them to attend something they don't believe in is not only irritating it's insulting. That's not a knock on you, but how would you feel if everytime you saw a certain person, you knew they were going to nag at you to go someplace you don't want to, to be told how your entire life is wrong? Of course, you don't mean it that way, but that is how others are seeing it.

As far as the kids, are you teaching? What age group? It could be that you just aren't cut out for he balancing act that is required for working with and not killing the half grown hoodlums that are colloquially called "children". Not everyone is. Maybe you might want to look into career choices that better suit a quiet, polite and generally kind personality.
  • ursula130
    ursula130 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Have you tried praying about this?

Hahaha!
  • ursula130
    ursula130 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    religion: you need to back off, pronto, unless you value conversion rate over a good life and your friends.I agree your dad sound hash but he is right. and if your best friend tells you are pushing people away, listen to them. I agree with OP, you might want to sound to a therapist about all that .
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    My friend Tony sometimes tells me things I don’t want to hear, too, but it’s for my own good!

giphy.gif