Night eating

Options
I'm a night eater. Brushing the teeth does nothing for me. Can I get any other ideas

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I save calories for evening snack.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I eat 90% of my daily calorie allotment at night. I always brush my teeth before bed though
  • angelfreely
    angelfreely Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sending friend request
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
  • ursula130
    ursula130 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Agreed, schedule it in and don't beat yourself up!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat. Just eat enough, and then brush teeth.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Diet coke - macchiato works for me
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Oh I nearly forgot - delay breakfast till lunch - have a light, healthy lunch, coffee for afternoon tea, a piece of fruit in the afternoon then a larger dinner. Or delay dinner till night. Try it - you have nothing to lose.
  • fortylove2018
    fortylove2018 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My nighttime eating has led me to gain 2st!
    Brushing doesn’t stop me! I’m fine all day then once kids are in bed I snack / binge. Good all day then I sabotage my weight loss, starting today I’m going to set aside 200-300 calories to snack and do 30 mins exercise. Want to join me?
    If I can crack this then I’ll lose the 3+ stone I need to!
  • asugar1390
    asugar1390 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know it is hard at night but you can do it. Just have a small snack of cheese or apple and nut butter to keep you from binge eating. I find popcorn my weakness! I can be your friend too if you like?
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I save all of my calories for after 6pm
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    You could go to bed at 5pm but that would be awkward. I have found protein shakes to be helpful, you can make one for under 300 calories and it's a blender full, you will be stuffed (lots of air in them, you will burp). Put them or some other snack in your daily routine. Don't wet the bed.
  • jastorey
    jastorey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I struggled for years with this and tried many different strategies, pretty much all mentioned above, unsuccessfully.

What worked was going cold turkey, no snacking after dinner, whatsoever. Usually I am not good with black and white, line in the sand boundaries but I figured it was worth a try because whenever I gave myself leeway it would always escalate over time.

The first couple of nights were very difficult, but once I passed those I was good to go. I felt so good about my accomplishment that I wanted to continue. It also simplified my evening not having to think about what I was going to eat and how much. That only fed the beast of my food addiction.

I also had an accountability person, just knowing I was going to report to someone really helped.

Now I've broken that habit and eat all my calories during the day. I feel so good about this I don't want to change it!

Good luck, keep fighting!
  • sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Start eating later in the day so you have calories left for night eating. Or skip a meal entirely. Experiment with your macro split - you might find a certain split helps eliminate late night cravings. Extra protein earlier in day seems to make a difference to me, for example.
  • Ver000nika
    Ver000nika Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I joined "say no to late night snacking" challenge in MFP. Some additional motivation. Actually I'm good from Monday to Thursday now, but still struggling on weekend nights. Yet, 4 out of 7 nights is better than 0 out of 7 o:) Trying to overcome weekend late night snacking as well
  • JeanTrevatt
    JeanTrevatt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »
    I save calories for evening snack.