Belly Fat

Options
QueenFe
QueenFe Posts: 81 Member
OK I'm one of those individuals that are shaped like an "apple" I carry all my weight in my mid-section. Not good I know. I've been working out and have lost 41 pounds so far but I seem to be loosing more in other areas and a little from my tummy. I know it's probably my eating habits that need to change, but I was looking for some suggestions as to what I can do to help get rid of this stubborn belly fat. :-)

Replies

• MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    just keep doing what you're doing.
    It'll come off where it wants to first and off your belly when it's ready.
    Probably last if you're anything like me.

Good Luck.
  • crazynay96
    Options
    you are not alone... I've had people message me and tell me I am sick for wanting to loose 120lbs I don't look like I need it in my face but I do, I carry a lot of my weight in my stomach, often times I'm asked when I am due (thanks @$$HOLES!) I feel your pain girl and I hate to hear that this be what happens to me as well! :( I was never this way until after pregnancies, which is where all my weight went to during those as well....

I'll keep watch on this - hopefully someone has good info.
  • 6Pk2Go
    6Pk2Go Posts: 105
    Options
    Try eating as clean as you can, i.e. non-packaged foods, lots of veggies, lean protein. Watch sodium and sugar. Both impact the amount of water that you are carrying, and if you are like me most of that will be around the mid section. Also, get lots of water. A bit of lemon juice in the water is said to act as a detoxing agent as well. Good Luck!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    continue eating a healthy diet of fresh fruits, veggies, and meats (though the last isn't required). Avoid processed foods and sodas like the plague.

Exercise is helpful especially strength training so that when you do lose weight (fat) your muscles underneath will be toned. Its all about consistency and commitment!
  • darina23
    darina23 Posts: 114
    Options
    I, too, carry weight in my belly. I hate it. I've been doing 30 day shred for the past 4 days and I'm hoping to stick with it for the whole 30 days. Good luck!
  • Soozcat
    Soozcat Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The South Beach Diet claims to help people lose stubborn belly fat first. I'd take all such claims with a grain of salt, since spot reducing has never really proven to work, but I will say that when I was eating South Beach I took many inches off my waist.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Someone posted that loosing weight is like a roll of paper towels. The whole roll gets thinner...not just one spot until we get to goal weight. As we are loosing weight we will be the same body shape UNTIL we get closer to goal weight and then the abdomen gets smaller. Do you watch the biggest losers? When the women lost 40 - 50 lbs they still had their original shape but smaller until they got closer to goal weight. That is why spot reducing really does not work.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. your genes determine where you lose fat first and last....and where you gain it first and last. you just keep doing what you're doing and the fat will come off. Just understand that you won't be able to dictate where you lose it except by committing to being healthy for life. eventually, it will all come off.
  • spongela
    spongela Posts: 107
    Options
    Diet is very important . I have changed my diet to eat foods with less sugar and fat content and more protein. Cleaner foods will help too, fruit, vegetables, eat less processed food like ready meals etc

Also toning is important so some weights mixed in with cardio

It will take time i have been working out for over 5 weeks now, slowly seeing progress but i know it will continue to take more time
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    The Real Age website just posted an article on getting rid of belly fat. Here's the link.

http://www.realage.com/tips/cutting-carbs-reduces-belly-fat?eid=1010643054&memberid=17164550
  • Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have heard over and over that it is the simple carbs that put fat around the stomach area. Eat as much veggies and lean protein as you can before the rest. Fruit should be less than veggies too because of the sugar, and no fruit juices, they lack the fiber to counter the sugars.
  • QueenFe
    QueenFe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for you input and suggestions... that makes sense that it will come off where it wants. I'll just be careful with the processed foods and sugar etc and keep exercising (kickboxing, zumba and ketllebell for strength training) eventually it will come off.
  • crdav13
    crdav13 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am totally my mother's daughter and carry my weight in my middle. For me I found that running flattens my belly more then the elliptical or bike. I also do the bar method as well.