Looking for support/advice

Options
I'm 35. 5'5". Single mom of 2 - live in BFE. I work 2 jobs, and am ALWAYS on the go.
If *kitten* doesn't change I'll see 300. - Thats disgustingly scary - but honestly it only bothers me when my clothes are tight.

I tried the diets -
I've done low carb - was the easiest of all food changes
I've tried walking
I upped that to walking alot and running and 5K's - as a fat girl - I actually enjoyed those!
I spent a year with a trainer that was masochistic and enjoyed people puking during workouts.
None of those moved the scale - or changed my pants size. None - not a little bit.

My blood work all comes back fine.
I take 10,000 units of Vitamin D daily
I take iron supplements - which I have to wait 5 more months before she'll do any further testing, because EVERYTHING is normal. What the *kitten* is wrong with me????

I play softball with my kids at home, I rarely sit, when I do I sleep. I'm constantly having to do something, laundry, mow grass, clean up, take the dog out, fix things that break, clean up after two spoiled butts.
But I sit at work. I don't get 10,000 steps in. When? When am I supposed to? I'm tied to a desk.

I know this sounds like alot of whining - I am the kind of person that MAKES THINGS HAPPEN. Believe me - if It could be done I would have done it by now.
Somebody say something...
I don't know what I'm asking for - really.
Tell me how to start over?
I know there are more than a few people that can relate - advice?

thank you! :)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Track you calories, eat in a deficit. It really is that simple.
  • DrizztGirl82
    DrizztGirl82 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking everything you eat and making sure you stay under your calories? That's the only thing you should need to do. Working out and walking help, but tracking calories is where it is. I personally am not doing anything with food except tracking it and I am slowly losing. I also walk every day and barely sit down throughout the day. It just takes a lot of work. :smiley:
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job and really bad knees and was close to 300 lbs..... couldn't exercise at all for the first few months....... but by weighing and tracking ALL my meals and staying in a calorie deficit I lost weight.

@TavistockToad is right - it is simple......
    And work.... hard at times..... days and weeks can seem like years........ but oh so doable!
  • peppernic2
    peppernic2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You need to make sure to track everything!