Calling all Vegans and vegetarians. . .

Options
Jade_Butterfly
Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
Okay so here is my dilemma. .. short on cash right now have a lot of canned beans and such in my cubbard. .

Please send some good bean recipes. . Burgers, Soup. . . whatever. . .

*black beans*
*Pinto beans*
*Garbanzo*
*Northern beans*

Replies

• veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    This salad using garbanzos is super yummy:

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/531
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I cook with lots of beans... have you seen my blog?

veganlazy.wordpress.com

I know a lot of MFPs have loved the bean burgers :smile:

wbb.jpg?w=460&h=345
  • SarahFrankel
    SarahFrankel Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    From "Peas and Thank You"

Black Bean Burgers

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
    1/3 c. red onion, minced
    1/2 c. mushrooms, chopped
    1/2 c. oats, ground to a coarse texture
    1/2 t. salt
    2 t. cumin
    1 T. vegan Worcestershire sauce
    1 1/2 t. minced garlic

Mash the beans in a bowl with a fork until they made a nice chunky paste. Stir in the remaining ingredients and form the mixture into four patties. Fry the patties in a skillet sprayed with cooking spray, over medium high heat for about 7 minutes per side.

(Note: I rarely use the Worcestershire sauce and instead use barbecue sauce or whatever else I have on hand)
  • Nateorious
    Options
    pinto beans , generous amount cumin, garlic pow, little cayenne or chili pow, tomatoes canned are fine

if you can it is good with these in it
    - onions diced
    - celery diced
    - green peppers diced
    - corn

- optional with tvp or tofu crumbled

awesome easiest chili you can have.

Also you can make a ton for so cheap. I make a batch then freeze some for easy dinners.
  • antijen
    antijen Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My favorite recipe for black beans is black bean sweet potato enchiladas. That can be found at fatfreevegan.com.

Take those garbanzos and hie thee to a food processor with garlic, olive oil and lemon juice and make thee some hummus. Post haste!! That's also good for the great northerns. Then spread on a piece of homemade whole grain bread with some tomato slices and fresh basil. ::drool::

Also take those garbanzos (or any bean really), coat with a bit of olive oil (doesn't take much), garlic (seeing a trend here?) and some parm (if you eat it) and roast in the oven until crispy. It's really good on a salad if you can get them to last that long. These are beyond yummy. Very good for when you get a case of the munchies.

When in doubt, check out theppk.com

http://www.supercook.com/ is a great site for finding recipes on the internet for any ingredient or group of ingredients.