In need of recipes!

Options
I could really use some more chicken recipes. Boneless/skinless Perdue breasts were BOGO free this week and I bought 2 packs (so I got 2 free) equaling about 16 pounds of chicken breasts.

I did do a search of past suggestions, but was just wondering if anyone had anything new and exciting. I also have ground turkey to work with... actually, you know, ANY new recipes would be fun!

Replies

• becky_turcotte
    Options
    I take grilled chicken, add some low sugar salsa and low fat cheese. Fold in a low carb tortilla and broil until cheese melts. Yummy chicken wrap!!!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Chicken is so versatile.....love fajitas with lots of veggies on a whole wheat wrap, grilled chicken, homeade california chicken salad with grapes and celery in it, chili with chicken instead of beef, sweet and sour chicken, stir fry chicken with veggies and brown rice, whole wheat spaghetti with chicken in it is delish......the options are almost endless! Enjoy:)
  • psnow9127
    psnow9127 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I buy a tandoori spice rub, rub the breasts, let sit for an hour and grill. Top with a mango salsa < chop mango, red pepper, red onion, squeeze of lime, salt and pepper, cilantro if you'd like as well.. Serve with brown basmati rice. I make a healthy "sauce" to go with it too of fat free Greek yogurt, chopped cucumber and mint.
  • alc720
    alc720 Posts: 27
    Options
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    http://mrsmischief.blogspot.com/2011/02/chicken-tamale-casserole.html

so good. so easy.

or- place all of this in a crock pot for 6 hours- we call it mexican chicken because it's a little spicy.
    you get 8 servings, each serving 235 calories. (this is for 21 oz of chicken because that's what I had) when I have a different one I adjust the recipe in MFP.)

Green Giant - Whole Kernel Corn - Canned No Salt Added, 1 container (1 4/5 cups ea.)
    Walmart Great Value - Black Beans-Drained and Rinsed, 1 container (1 4/5 cups ea.)
    Perfect Pinch Savory All Purpose-Salt Free - Seasoning, 6 teaspoon
    Spices - Onion powder, 1 tbsp
    Goya - Pink Beans Prime Premium Low Sodium, 1 container (1 4/5 cups ea.)
    Hunts - Tomato Sauce 15 oz Can, 0.5 container (1 4/5 cups ea.)
    Generic - Chicken Breast Grilled Skinless, 21 oz
    Tostitos - Chunky Salsa (Mild), 1 container (42 tbsp ea.)
    Mccormick Crushed Red Pepper Flakes - Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, 1/2 tsp(.8g)
  • momburntdinner
    momburntdinner Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oh yummy. Those fajitas/wraps sound delish.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    http://healthydoesntmeanboring.blogspot.com/search/label/Chicken

Sweet & Spicy Lemon Chicken
    Chicken Taco/Burrito filling
    Creamy Lemon Chicken
    Chicken Fajitas
    Sweet & Savory Summer Simmer
    Cheese & Veggie Stuffed Chicken