70 lbs to lose at 40

Options
Lynae333
Lynae333 Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2018 in Motivation and Support
I just turned 40 on Saturday and it was really hard for me. I’d set a goal last year to lose the weight by 40 and I didn’t do it. I don’t want to be at this same place at 41. I also work a desk job and I’m writing a novel on the side do I spent A LOT of time sitting. I’m trying to increase my steps everyday and stay around 1350 calories. Approaching week #3. Feel free to add me! My sisters are great supporters but looking for a group!

Replies

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Consider this:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

I've found that some fun team competition and mutual support helps a lot.
  • Butterfly108
    Butterfly108 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just turned 48 and pretty much put the 3 stones that I lost 3 years ago.... looking to get back in shape and prioritise health... I’d love to look my best and sassy for my 50th .. be great to get some new mfp friends and hold each other to account too.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and have 70-80lbs to lose. You didn't list your height or weight, but given how much you have to lose, chances are, you can set a higher calorie goal than 1350. It'll make it more sustainable, easier to stick with and, in the end, that is what really counts. You may lose more slowly, but you will lose and slow is better than not at all. Not saying you have to increase it right now, but if you find yourself struggling.. consider upping that rather than quitting because you CAN do this! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. My diary is open to the public.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, you are not in the boat alone. There are already a few of us in there with you. I am 48 and need to lose at least 70 lbs if not more for my 5'4" height. I would like to achieve this before I turn 50, as I have an 8 year old daughter and want to be around to see her in her adult years. I have been a part of MFP for several years and have started over more times than I want to admit. I will not quit coming back. All I need is for it to stick once.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I started in July 2017 and have lost 46 lbs. so far. I have 54 to go! My SW was 237, now I'm at 191. My goal weight is 137. Take it day by day. I'm 5'4" and 52 years old. My calorie intake is 1500-1600 per day (plus exercise calories) to lose 1 lb. per week.
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 40 too, and working on losing my last 10-15lbs ... but I've already lost over 80 since August so I'm on the same path.

We can do it!

Anyone other ladies in this boat add me too. Support helps so much!
  • JaiNicole7
    JaiNicole7 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, kinda new to MFP-joined in late Feb 2018. I'm 5'2, current weight 171.3 lbs. I've lost 13 lbs and have 36 lbs to go! My diary is public. Feel free to add me.