Over 50

Options
sjuanita
sjuanita Posts: 12 Member
Hello, name is Joanne looking for friends and support group. I'm 52 years old. Lopking to lose weight, gain lean muscle, and learn how to eat healthy could use some support.

Thanks
Joanne

Replies

• Lynnara
    Lynnara Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Glad you found us, feel free to add me.
  • roscoe2317
    roscoe2317 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello, Joanne. Please add me as I am 52 as well. I have started back with MFP again because I am starting to feel my age. I have been at it for about 2 months and I am down 25 lbs. Anything I can do to give you support or help, just let me know.
  • nancylbird
    nancylbird Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am much more than 50. I am 70 and feel depressed that I am at a standstill with my weight loss. I am four pounds from my first goal but can't seen to loss those last few pounds. Does anyone have any suggestions? The last two days, I wasn't able to stick to my plan as we didn't have power for those days, so I had to eat out. Not many places catered to healthy foods. Today I am back on track. Thanks in advance for any help.
  • beckylop2018
    beckylop2018 Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi, I am 54, first time using MFP, but it's been helpful. I just started this week and have lost a few pounds. I meal prepped for this week and it's helped me. I like to eat every few hours, so it was important for me to weigh all my foods to stay at a certain calorie level for the day. Oh, and drinking lots of water. Being postmenopausal and having Hashimoto's disease makes it harder to lose, so I really need to watch my intake. My current weight is 207, and would like to be 150 for the rest of my life! I don't want to take any medications. Add me if you like :smiley:
  • srburmester
    srburmester Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I am 56 lifetime fitness advocate And enthusiast. I used to run a corporate wellness program for about 10 years so I think I’ve got some good ideas. Been on MFP for a little over three weeks. It really does work if you’re honest I’ve lost about 4 pounds. Exercise is important but diet and calories are really the key as well as composition of your diet. My other experience is that there are some very snarky people on here mostly younger folks so I’m looking to connect with my age group. Anyway welcome and let’s do this