Nutrition Support needed!

Options
tabilw
tabilw Posts: 50 Member
I'm constantly struggling with my diet/nutrition. I go through spurts of trying different diets: Atkins, Keto, low fat and even just a body building bland diet. I get frustrated when I don't see the results I want over a certain amount of time and I tend to give in to indulgences after a few weeks of being strict. How do you encourage yourself and keep yourself on track? Any tips?

Replies

• triciale555
    triciale555 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don’t focus too much on the numbers (weight, inches, etc) but I focus on if I am feeling stronger / able to last longer easily in my workouts.
    Once I feel I am doing good, the eating part becomes easier.
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Instead of trying out different “diets” with restrictions eat a well balanced diet. You don’t have to cut anything completely out, just watch your portions and stay within your calorie goal. Being healthy isn’t about eating a certain way for a brief period of time until you reach your goal. Being healthy is a lifestyle.
  • renaecotton123
    renaecotton123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don’t follow any diet now that you wouldn’t for life.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the suggestions above.

I suggest you ditch the weight loss goals and switch to behavioural goals. Like,

“Log most my meals this week” or
    “Get to the gym three times this week”

The logging itself will suggest changes to your diet. For instance it may show that some meals are higher calorie than you thought. You can also pre log meals and make changes before you eat.

If you want to lose a little weight I suggest small tweaks to your diet rather than drastic changes.

That should eliminate the restrict and binge cycle.