Newbie, swapped from Weight Watchers...

Options
... as above. The reason was looking for more healthy and balanced diet.
I'm also a runner, getting ready for my first ever marathon in August (quite tough coastal trail).
Hello!

Replies

• Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I do both, weight watchers and mfp. Why would you say weight watchers is more balanced, you choose what you eat with WW? You are welcome to add me, I'm not quite running marathons but maybe getting there :smile:
  • londonmlondon
    londonmlondon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just made the switch too. I did really well with smart points prior to freestyle. I just found I was not even trying anymore. Maybe this switch will give me the kick I need
  • Wiedzma_Agata
    Wiedzma_Agata Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    letitia75 wrote: »
    Hi there, I do both, weight watchers and mfp. Why would you say weight watchers is more balanced, you choose what you eat with WW? You are welcome to add me, I'm not quite running marathons but maybe getting there :smile:

I don't think WW is balanced to be honest. You get the freedom to eat anything, yes, however some people will eat 'zero hero' food all day, just to have half a cake in the evening using the saved points... I'd rather do healthy choices, and why pay WW monthly if I can do it here for free, while having proper insight into what I eat.
    PS, I am absolutely not saying cake is bad for you, I have baked one myself today and already had too much *oops* but hey, new day tomorrow!
  • tmaltag
    tmaltag Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I just left WW. It just wasn't giving me enough structure, so I was eating to many zero-point foods. After six months, I was still in the same 10-pound range as when I started. After a friend told me about the My Fitness Pal app, I decided to try it. It's helping a lot, and I love that I can see the nutrition deficits I need to fill. I'm reading about the D.A.S.H. diet, to give me the eating plans to help me focus on a 1,200-calorie target. I usually get in about 7,000 steps each day, which makes a big difference.
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    How can weight watchers not be balanced, it doesn't make sense. You choose what you eat the same as you choose here. Each to their own, we are all adults making decisions.
  • tmaltag
    tmaltag Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, I wasn’t doing a good job with my choices.
  • Wiedzma_Agata
    Wiedzma_Agata Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Same here... Tried No Count plan for 10 days and kept munching on crumpers just because they were one of zero point foods! Absolutely no portion control >:)
  • MiirandaC
    MiirandaC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to calculate how many freestyle points I should get?
  • cwebster509
    cwebster509 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just switched from WW as well. Only thing I’m gonna miss is connect. But I like how I can see all the nutrients I’m eating on here where As with WW it’s just a guessing game basically.