I'm here because

Options
I can't do this without a little help. I need to journal and constantly remind myself to watch what I eat. So, hello everyone, I look forward to getting to know you!

Replies

• Kellyelly
    Options
    I can't do this without a little help. I need to journal and constantly remind myself to watch what I eat. So, hello everyone, I look forward to getting to know you!
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    You'll find this website and MFPal's to be so helpful and encouraging. We are all in this together and are there for each other. Best of luck! Positive attitude gets positive results. You can do this.:flowerforyou:
  • agapita1965
    Options
    Welcome, You have come to the right place, Happy Valentine's Day.:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    welcome and good luck! See you on the boards. You are not alone:happy:
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, this site is awesome and we are all in it together.
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    hi and welcome

I came to this site for exactly the same reasons as you did. I knew I needed support from others and I knew I had to journal to work through everything I was feeling during this whole process. I just joined in January and I love it here.

If you ever want to chat, add me to your friends list and we can message back and forth.

good luck
  • Kellyelly
    Options
    Thank you all, so much! I really am excited about being here and working with everyone here towards our mutual goal.
  • tysyry
    tysyry Posts: 30
    Options
    Good luck to you!! I'm a newbie also...just joined this week. I find that entering my meals before I actually eat them helps and also commits me to eating what I said I would. My biggest challenge is the exercise - today I had to drag myself to the treadmill and I watched every minute I was on there willing myself to do all 30 minutes. It sucked to be honest but I did it. I know as I get more fit I will actually look forward to working out ....but not there yet. Anyway..good luck to you, I hope you love this site as much as I do.
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
    [/quote

great advice!!]
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site it has been great for me so far!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!! I'm a newbie also...just joined this week. I find that entering my meals before I actually eat them helps and also commits me to eating what I said I would. My biggest challenge is the exercise - today I had to drag myself to the treadmill and I watched every minute I was on there willing myself to do all 30 minutes. It sucked to be honest but I did it. I know as I get more fit I will actually look forward to working out ....but not there yet. Anyway..good luck to you, I hope you love this site as much as I do.

Hi, and welcome to you too! :flowerforyou:
    Exercise doesn't always have to be boring and awful you know!
    For exercise, I take a walk almost every day, (weather permitting, which it hasn't for quite a while between the cold and snow!) and I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored. :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this website, if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive and helpful, and everyone here is so nice. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • Kellyelly
    Options
    Thanks again. I am really liking this site. The food tracker is the easiest one I've ever used and tracking food is one of the things that I HAVE to do in order to reduce. tysyry, we have the same attitude when it comes to the treadmill, lol. It's like pulling teeth to get me started but once I'm on there, it's ok. I have a new one that takes i-fit personal trainer cards. I don't think I could survive without that, it makes it so much easier to get through the routine.