Plateau

Hello everyone! I started my weight loss journey roughly 9 years ago and I went from 210 to 130 in a year. I gained the weight back and lost it a few different times. Over the past year, however, I have been stuck at 145. I keep track of all of my food and exercise regularly. My calories in are below my calories out and yet I cannot seem to get below 145. Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    I’d suggest a diet break if you haven’t already taken one. Practice maintaining at 145. Not only will this possibly help you lose again when you’re ready but it sounds like you’ve struggled with maintenance in the past so it may be a good learning experience long term.
  • Sabreekoonce
    Sabreekoonce Posts: 15 Member
    Hm, I have been at 145 for a year now. Does that not count as maintaining? What is the difference? Thank you for your response!
  • Sabreekoonce
    I have tried both reducing and increasing my calories over the year. Neither seems to do the trick. Could it be a digestive issue in regards to my diet?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    The obligatory chart, read it.
    tvnz1ryhbdr8.jpg
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Hm, I have been at 145 for a year now. Does that not count as maintaining? What is the difference? Thank you for your response!

I missed about the part of it being a year. In that case it’s time to reduce calories and tighten up logging
  • Sabreekoonce
    Thank you all for your responses! I think the issue may be that I am logging based off quantity and not weight. I will have to start using my food scale regularly. Thank you so much!