treat nights

Options
anyone have treat nights?

i used to have one once a week but this time round i wasn't planning on having them, was thinking of having a treat when i get to a certain milestone, like mt first one i was thinking of losing 8lbs and then having one and then dropping another 13lbs and then having one etc.

what kind of things do u have when u have treat nights? xx

Replies

• SpaceMarkus
    Options
    I have them once a week. Usually pizza or chinese with frozen yogurt for dessert. I know some serious hardcore people that schedule a treat day once a month.
  • anberlingasm
    Options
    I don't really schedule treat nights specifically but if I've had a long day at work and just want to chill out with some good food and an alcoholic beverage, I don't feel guilty about it. I went out this evening for one drink and a meal (onion rings, garlic bread, chicken wings... all the good stuff) and I know it's just one night, and I'll be back on track tomorrow!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I always have a little treat every day (i.e. a piece of dove chocolate) and then have 1 day a week where I get 1 "free" meal and a dessert. But I work out extra hard on that day. It's worked for me so far! And no binges.. (minus my alcohol induced binge, but I consider that different.. ;))
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    For me, once a week is too frequent. I have whole cheat days, once or twice a month. If you have a cheat meal and just build it into your calories, then it's not really cheating. IMO
  • wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am going to give myself Saturday nights but will probably work out a little more Saturdays and Sundays.....I think everyone needs one small break
    10132576.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i usually do 1 meal a week to eat whatever i want
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I am not going 'all out' but have had a curry tonight with a piece of homemade cheesecake. I didn't however have the bread and sides with the curry I would have if I was being truly bad! lol
  • jjgirl76
    jjgirl76 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I can't call it a cheat, because I usually coincide it with some good exercise. More specifically on my days with long runs, which can end up burning up somewhere around 2000 calories.

Usually about once a month I feel the need to give my metabolism a big kick in the pants and that is usually a cheat meal.

I have a friend that "per trainers orders" (and she has lost over 50 lbs this way) she has a very strict diet, but is allow 1 cheat hour per week. Meaning she can eat whatever she wants within the span of that hour... I have seen her drive by sonic for onion rings, then pick up the pizza, open the soda and then.... go. :)
  • skynut
    skynut Posts: 16
    Options
    I dont have deliberate treat nights, but my family seem to find no end of reasons to go out for a meal so even though I dont intend on having a treat i still seem to end up in a calorific restaurant about once a month
  • KTGator
    KTGator Posts: 78
    Options
    Every Friday night I have a movie night with a good friend -- so I allow myself a free meal that night depending on what we're making for it. Sometimes it's something healthy like baked asparagus...other nights it's movie theater popcorn! If it's something on the unhealthy side, I just give myself a freebie...when it's something healthy, I work it into my calories.

Tonight, though, it's homemade spinach and artichoke dip...I've put so much cheese in it that it will most definitely NOT be a healthy night! hehe