Goodbye to 34 lbs, one to go! [Pics & Link]

Options
bjohs
bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
Hi my fellow MFPer's! I have a little over a week to hit my goal of 122.0 for my big 25th class reunion. I'm only about a pound away at this point and couldn't be happier! I shared a link with my MFP friends on what losing 34 pounds looks like on a woman who is 5'2" and 43 years of age. I've kept a written journal since starting my journey which started in January 2010. I broke my goal down in to smaller achievable mini-goals with periodic target dates to help keep things manageable. This really helped me stick to the plan even when I wanted to quit! I have already shared my before/after pics in the forums, but I'll post them again below.

What I really wanted to share is a link to my weight loss chart. If anything, I hope it gives some of you the inspiration and motivation to continue on with your journey! By looking at my chart, you will see that many times I am ahead of schedule. Other times I gained quite a bit and had setbacks along the way. But if you just stick to it and never give up... it will all balance out in the end. The key is to have patience and to not let the setbacks discourage you.

Chart (copy and paste this link in your browser):

http://bit.ly/rkYI4o

EDIT: The "Weekly Goal" column is the amount of weight I set to lose for that week. The "Goal Weight" column is what I should weigh in at if I was able to reach my weekly goal. The "Sunday Weigh-In" column is what I actually weighed in at for the week.

beforeafter_02.jpg

Below is a comparison of when I weighed 122.0 in 1989 (22 years old) and now at 123.0 (will be 44 in November).

22years.jpg

For more information on what I did to lose the weight, please click on the link below my ticker called My Journey. Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to answer them! Good luck everyone!!! Never, ever give up!

Replies

• BeilaLin
    BeilaLin Posts: 189
    Options
    You look like Valerie Bertinelli in the 1989 picture.

Of course, now I think you are younger and prettier than her!
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    One word for you...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!! Everyone's jaws will drop at your reunion. :)
  • MC0301
    MC0301 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My God, you look FANTASTIC!!
  • bjohs
    Options
    You look like Valerie Bertinelli in the 1989 picture.

Of course, now I think you are younger and prettier than her!

Too funny! My husband called me Valerie Bertinelli recently because of her amazing transformation too! Of course, my hubby also wanted to be Eddie Van Halen when he was younger and learned how to play guitar because of him. :)
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Terrific job......love the 80's hair!

Enjoy your reunion. I just had my 30th.
  • nadiaez
    nadiaez Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing! And thank you for sharing your chart...it just goes to show that even if you have up and downs along the way we can all achieve our goals! :)
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    What and AMAZING difference!!! Enjoy all your hard work.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    hubba-hubba

You-Are-Awesome_(The_Office).gif
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your journey. I always appreciate it when someone takes the time to let others know that it didn't happen over night. It is definitely a journey that you have traveled successfully! You look wonderful :)
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    OMG you're beautiful. You look like you never aged from your high school pictures, just got better hair ;)

You did a WONDERFUL job, awesome work!!!!

PS. You're hotter than a lot of the girls MY age, you totally got this <3
  • drsteph01
    Options
    Really enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing!
  • preciousperez
    Options
    AMAZING! YOU LOOK GORGEOUS! THANKS FOR THE STORY AND PICS. YOUR AN INSPIRATION.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Bravo! Well done! You look amazing! You should be very proud of yourself. And your little girl is just adorable!
  • holdondreamaway
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your chart! I just got over a three week long setback and it definitely helped me to see that you've had the same things happen!
  • run_momma_run
    Options
    Great job! You are truly inspirational and you look great!!
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You look STUNNING!!! I love the pic of you at 22 (beautiful) and you now at "almost 44", (STUNNING). You look like you are a mixed of nationalities. Are you?
  • bjohs
    Options
    You look STUNNING!!! I love the pic of you at 22 (beautiful) and you now at "almost 44", (STUNNING). You look like you are a mixed of nationalities. Are you?

Thank you! Yes, I was adopted when I was 2 from Seoul, S. Korea. My mother was Korean and my father was in the US military. That's about all I know. :)
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    How amazing you look...Wow..Good job!
  • ukjessi
    ukjessi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! All your hard work has really paid off!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!