This time I will defeat the weight demon

Options
Hi, I'm Jamie,

I've struggled with weight since I can remember, that would generally be because I do really love my food.

I have lost weight in the past, around 8 years ago, the lowest I have been was around 238lbs/17st, I did this on the Cambridge diet which once I had stopped managed to pile the weight back on, from that moment I decided I would never try a diet like that again.

8 years on and back to 2018, 341lbs/24.4st, the heaviest I have ever been, I decided I couldn't stay at that size and I needed to do something.

January 2018 I started to cut down the amount I was eating, I started counting my calories using the app, I managed to loose 11lbs in 35 days, my head wasn't fully in it and I stopped at this point.

March 2018, purchased a fitbit but still couldn't get into the swing of things.

April 2018, I have pretty much gained the 11lbs back and had gone back up to 340lbs/24.3st, for me this is where everything changed, my whole outlook has changed.

At the beginning of the year I signed up to take part in the Leeds half marathon, I knew I had to get myself in gear and really push myself.

I gradually started walking more and more, increasing the miles I was doing, It went from 1-2 miles to 6-8 miles a day.

April 17th I started to log my food again, eating less, watching what I was eating, drinking more water, up to today 17/05 I have currently lost 25lb, 26lb in total since the start of the year, I am really happy with that and I really feel I will stick with it this time.

Oh and to top it off, I took part in the half marathon this past Sunday and finished it, I am so pleased with myself, this time last year I would never have dreamed I would have been able to take part in a half marathon let alone complete it.

Really sorry for the long post but I just wanted to tell my story.

Good luck to everyone who is currently trying to loose weight.

Replies

• NikkyT30
    NikkyT30 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the marathon!!!!!!!!! Sounds like your on the right track! Keep up the good work!
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your half, and good luck with a successful journey.
  • jamiespeight
    jamiespeight Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'm hoping this is it and I won't stop this time.