buying an exercise bike?

Any UK mfp-ers can recommend a decent exercise bike that doesn't break the bank?

Replies

• CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Not in the UK, but have you considered a real bike? The only reason I ask this is that on a stationary, it can get boring you will loose your mind riding it. Once this happens, the interest to get on it starts to diminish and then you won't ride it at all. With a real bike, at least you can ride outdoors and it will be more satisfying in the long run.
  • Suzay
    Suzay Posts: 60
    Check on Amazon. Depends upon your price really. I bought a really crappy one for like £80, it was really slow and edgy when turning the pedals. Check reviews, Amazon always has the right stuff.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    I have a cross trainer I don't want, or does it have to be a bike?
  • You might just want to get a regular bike, so you can ride it outdoors whenever you want but then purchase a bike trainer to make it stationary as well. It will take up less space, and it's easier to assemble. And it's very cost effective.
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    I got a MARCY from Argos and love it, espically on rainy days. Good to look up reviews depending on what you want eg count cals, folding
  • sarahavery
    sarahavery Posts: 167 Member
    I've got a normal bike but with a 4yr old its hard to get decent long rides in as she's not confident on her bike yet
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    I've got a normal bike but with a 4yr old its hard to get decent long rides in as she's not confident on her bike yet

Pending on what style of bike you have, your best option is to set your bike up with a cycling trainer. This was yo can get the best of both worlds.

1) Using the cycling trainer with your own indoors when you need to
    2) Still have a bike to use outside.

You might also find that a cycling trainer will be less expensive than buying a stationary bike.

Hope this helps.