Gluten Free Vegan

Any gluten free Vegan's out there with some tip or recipes? I have been vegetarian for 15 years and had to cut dairy out 2 years ago due to an allergy. I was also diagnosed with Celiac at the same time. I have spent the past 2 years adjusting but I am getting bored of my routines. I would love to hear about some tasty and healthy options! I am trying to lose weight (15 pounds to go!) as well.

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Anything corn or potato based, tofu, beans and grains...etc. stay away from seitan/wheat gluten products as they are in a lot of products
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    I'm not Vegan but my wife has issues, too, like you do, with gluten and dairy (and nuts). I eat the same way she does and do most of the cooking. I'd really recommend "Oh She Glows" cookbook. By far the tastiest recipes I've seen that are all gluten free (or with GF options) and Vegan. We've had to adjust some recipes now that my wife can't eat nuts, but they are overall amazing recipes. There are tons of Facebook groups of people that choose to or have to eat this way as well.
  • Sabreekoonce
    Sabreekoonce Posts: 15 Member
    Ooooh, thank you for the recommendation! I will have to look into it!