When is the best time to weigh one's self?

Options
Sorry for all of the posting. I was just wondering when is the best time weigh yourself??

Replies

• missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've always been told first thing in the morning is the best time, without clothes. This may be incorrect though, so please someone correct me if I am wrong!
  • alexvar007
    Options
    Early in the AM when you wake
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom. Basically, you have been fasting all night so nothing is in your stomach and you have no liquids so it should be the most accurate.
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    i heard when u wake up and after you have used the bathroom
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I agree - in the morning - in the buff - and - um, after you have used the restroom. ;-)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Yes, first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom! =)
  • BekaBear2010
    Options
    Absolutely! First thing in the morning, no clues, after you go potty! Then, do not go back and weigh yourself again that day! You'll only just become discouraged if the scale changes! Also, don't weigh yourself every day! Any little fluctuation can make you panic!

Good luck! You can do it!!

Rebecca
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I was told first thing when you get up. My husband took my scales and is going to let me have them once a week.... on Monday morning. I was getting in to the habit of running to them 20 times a day !! He is helping me help myself. It is not good to weigh yourself all day long... I have found that you gain as the day goes by. Not much, but enough to get discouraged.
  • ttrttrttr
    Options
    Naked first thing in the morning after you've gone to the bathroom, vomited, blown your nose and cleaned out the ear wax. LOL
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Agree with early in the morning after bathroom naked, but the most important is to be consistent. Even one meal, your clothes, a drink can change your weight. Always weigh at the same time of day.
  • OhYou
    OhYou Posts: 6
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after I use the restroom. I weigh myself everyday, so I know to keep myself on track 1 or 2 pounds of fluctuating isn't a big deal, but when I'm 6lbs heavier, I want to know!
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Naked first thing in the morning after you've gone to the bathroom, vomited, blown your nose and cleaned out the ear wax. LOL

I laughed really hard at this, no joke! Disgusting image of the pre-scale morning, and if we had to do these things all before stepping on the scale, we'd probably all look fantastic.
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I always do it in the morning (naked) after I've used the bathroom.....and I do it every two weeks! Good luck!
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options

I laughed really hard at this, no joke! Disgusting image of the pre-scale morning, and if we had to do these things all before stepping on the scale, we'd probably all look fantastic.

OMg I'm cracking up too!! LOL
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I've heard that you should weigh on Fridays, because you've probably been working hard through the week and seeing a lower number on the scale before the weekend will give you that extra motivation to NOT undo your hard work by Monday
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    first thing when i wake up, after going pee...hehe
  • rdvincent
    Options

hahahahaha! don't forget the belly button lint!
  • glrdc
    glrdc Posts: 1
    Options
    The most important thing is to be consistent with the time of day you choose. Don't compare 1st thing in the morning one day with after dinner another day. I also think it's good to do it once a week, preferably the same time and day every week.

My preferred time is in the evening, before dinner and before working out. If you weigh yourself after working out you will be lighter, but that's misleading because it's just temporary water weight loss from sweating.

Also use the same scale every time if you really want to know how much you've lost. Different scales will give you different weights, but the same scale should at least be consistent to itself over time.
  • Soulbird81
    Options
    Every Monday morning right after bed and bathroom...I chose Monday because then I don't go overboard all weekend. I know that I would be cursing myself Monday if I did so it keeps me accountable to know that I have to go all weekend staying on plan in order to make my weight on Monday morning :0)...I then have my special snack that same evening, after dinner. I've been able to stay on course this way :0D
  • twistedsista0408
    Options
    Once per week at the same time of day. I agree to everyone's morning ritual, LOL. I weigh every Friday morning. The weekends are the easiest to cheat so then I have the rest of the week to make up for it. Some people like to weigh on Mondays to avoid cheating on the weekends, but I like to cheat every once in a while because they say it shocks your metabolism and moves you out of the plateau.