Motivation to get back after falling off the wagon for two days?

Options
Hey guys,

So since I started this maybe a month and a half ago I'd lost 7kg, everything was going great. Then, after a few stressful incidences and certain foods being around the house, I binged yesterday and the day before. Weighed myself this morning and found I have gained 3.5kg (from the two day binge - crazy how easy it is to gain weight!). I don't want to screw up again - I want to get back on track, because I just feel so *kitten* and guilty. Any advice for finding that motivation again? What do you guys do when this happens?

xx

Replies

• FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yup kind of just be like, it happened and now we get back on the house. Two days didn’t mess up your progress but if you don’t catch it now, it will mess it up so just keep moving and forget about it.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Chill. Two days does not a falling off wagon make. This is a learning curve, and I think the biggest thing to learn is really how to accept a negative and bounce back.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    There's no wagon, only accountability to yourself. Motivation can't come from these boards - each day you're in it by and for yourself, which is actually very freeing if you can get your head around it!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

So since I started this maybe a month and a half ago I'd lost 7kg, everything was going great. Then, after a few stressful incidences and certain foods being around the house, I binged yesterday and the day before. Weighed myself this morning and found I have gained 3.5kg (from the two day binge - crazy how easy it is to gain weight!). I don't want to screw up again - I want to get back on track, because I just feel so *kitten* and guilty. Any advice for finding that motivation again? What do you guys do when this happens?

xx

Ok, so you lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks and then binged. Unless you have over a hundred pound to lose, 2.5 pounds per week is too big a deficit, which can certainly trigger binges.

How much weight do you need to lose to hit your goal weight?
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Everyone's already covered the potential reasons for the binge. As far as motivation to get back on track? Which would you rather.. get back on track or continue spiraling down (or rather, up as far as weight)? Two days isn't going to hurt anything. If you let that turn into two weeks, months, or years, then you'll be back up to where you started or more. I have had two way over days in less than a month.. I just log them and keep on going. It isn't hurting anything at all. At worst, it slows my weight loss down for a week or so. If I stopped because of one or two bad days? I'd never accomplish anything.. job, parenting, life in general.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Most of the weight you loss when you fell off the wagon is from fluid retention. Did you eat a lot of processed foods and fast food?

Drinking a sensible/same amount water to flush out excess sodium works for me. I also eat more potassium rich foods when I retain too much water.

Just get back on board with logging your food intake plan and your exercise regimen if you have one. Don't quit on yourself! Learn from the binge and then move on. Hugs.

• etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Lots of great advice here that will help many of us— thanks to all!