Trying to manage Protein, Fat and Carbs

Options
I'm trying to find a good balance here and I definitely want to limit my carbs a little bit which isn't a huge problem for me but I'm having a lot of trouble getting in the protein w/o blowing my fat grams.

Right now, I'm doing 35% Carbs / 35% Protien / 30% Fat. Maintaining the limited carb intake hasn't been an issue for the most part 140-150 carbs is pretty easily doable. Am I being too stringent on myself with the fat?

My diary is public, feel free to check it out.

Suggestions regarding changing my percentages are welcome as are suggestions to higher protien lower fat foods.

PS - I Know the ribs I'm having tonight are a bit on the fatty side... it's my treat night... :)

Replies

• Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    The good thing about MFP is you can change the percents and try to meet them for a few weeks to see what works for you. Personally I eat 30% protein, 50% fat, and 20% carbs. This works for me. The fats are high but they're good fats ( although yes, I've pigged out on ribs haha!) My diary is open also for comparison. Forget today's entry--I'm going to my 93 year old neighbour's for dinner and can't bring myself to demand she meet my dietary choices :-)
  • 6Pk2Go
    6Pk2Go Posts: 105
    Options
    I took a quick gander at your journal. If it were me, I'd watch the full fat dairy, i.e. cream in the coffee, cheese, etc... I'd also focus on replacing some of the processed foods (peroges for example) with unprocessed foods like brown rice or sweet potato.

Take a look at my journal (also public) if you want some ideas.
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Funny you should say that, if you look at today I made the choice to kill creamer from coffee.(after my first two cups lol) As for the perogies they were left from my before "buying right" days and I felt like a treat. Great point outs though... much appreciated and I'll be looking into your diary closely for some Idea's as well.
  • WendyHJ
    WendyHJ Posts: 60
    Options
    I am working with a non-surgical weight loss physician and she set me at 40% protein, 30% each carbs and fat. Have yet to hit the recommended 120 g protein and stays under 100 g carbs. But I sure am loading on way more protein than before using Syntrax Nectar shakes and some of the Health Wise and Proti protein foods they sell at the store at the medical center. Super Supplements was disappointing by way of protein snacks, altho they sell Syntrax powders.