• Jokeen16
    Jokeen16 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    7.91 miles today

38.40 miles to 12 days after Rivendell
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I blinked and sailed through Bree without even seeing a house let alone a tavern. Oh well :) These midges are annoying
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm still stuck in the Marshes with my Achilles tendinitis, but I'm hoping to make some progress next week, finally! Baby steps back to running.. :)
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    2.55 miles yesterday- I'm 17.86 miles until 3 days after Rivendell.
  • RC4655
    RC4655 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I crossed through Crick hollow a couple days ago. On to Old man Willow.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Okay I am in. I have adored LOTR since (seriously true) the 1960's. I was a little off-put by discovering that it doesn't link GPS and so didn't start back when this thread first did, but ... okay, I will enter my miles :)

I am now 2.5 miles from Tookland. What do you folks think, wasn't it actually like 35-40 miles from Hobbiton to Tookland? Or am I pushing canon too hard here :wink:
  • Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix
    Options
    @brightresolve Welcome to the Fellowship! :)
  • Jokeen16
    Options
    5.17 miles today

31. 56 miles to 12 days after Rivendell
  • TEQWAR
    TEQWAR Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Okay I am in. I have adored LOTR since (seriously true) the 1960's. I was a little off-put by discovering that it doesn't link GPS and so didn't start back when this thread first did, but ... okay, I will enter my miles :)

I am now 2.5 miles from Tookland. What do you folks think, wasn't it actually like 35-40 miles from Hobbiton to Tookland? Or am I pushing canon too hard here :wink:

Not according to the book, the maps and all the online resources - it was 5 miles.
    Here's a very good breakdown of distances that's taken from "The Atlas of Middle Earth" - the definitive geographical work of Tolkein's Middle Earth.
    home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Tools/Bag_end/bag_end.html
  • M0n1KCR
    M0n1KCR Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've reached Bree today
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thanks for that resource, @TEQWAR - I obviously confused Tookland with Buckland, a rookie error. Glad I have company here on the road to Mordor ...

And I have reached Tookland :)
  • kpsyche
    Options
    Thanks for that resource, @TEQWAR - I obviously confused Tookland with Buckland, a rookie error. Glad I have company here on the road to Mordor ...

And I have reached Tookland :)

Yes, lucky you have company or you'd be lost already! (just kidding :P)
  • Jokeen16
    Options
    9.41 miles today

22.51 miles to 12 days after Rivendell
  • TEQWAR
    TEQWAR Posts: 1,616 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Joshearing wrote: »
    9.41 miles today

22.51 miles to 12 days after Rivendell

Hammering through the miles there, Jo! I feel more than moderately lazy at only putting in 6 today!
  • Jokeen16
    Options
    Its only when my eldest is at school as its easier to get miles in just pushing the youngest. Trying to get in what i can this week as he's on half term next weem so not a lot of walking in (hes only 4 so can mange 2 miles just)
  • kpsyche
    Options
    These western marshes seem to go on forever
  • generatrix
    generatrix Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok i just got back on this site and WOW. So awesome! I am gonna download it now! Also any nerds (or especially Blerds!) looking for socializing amd weight loss support in the San Francisco bay area, hit me up!
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Only 55.95 miles to Redhorn Pass.
  • Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix
    Options
    @generatrix Welcome to the Fellowship! :)