Using up feta?

Options
2»

Replies

• KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    The salad looks delightful! I tend to keep feta at all times on hand because just a little can really make a salad more delicious. Here’s a recipe I make every summer...it’s sooo good!

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/251942/chard-feta-tart/
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I've never had a problem with feta keeping and I've never had a problem using it up in salads and omelettes.
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    sofchak wrote: »
    Omelet with feta, tomatoes and spinach.... it’s the best blend of flavors <3

^this. It's what I had this morning, it's also amazing.

You can toss a couple tablespoons on your salad, your burger, in your hummus, on your pizza, really there's no wrong way to use it. I just normally use it like I would any other cheese ^^
  • ursula130
    ursula130 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    We've got an open pack of feta after making broad bean, tomato and feta salad in the fridge. Any other ideas for using it up as the stuff doesn't keep long? The only things in my repertoire are greek salad and watermelon, mint and feta salad.

Grill it. Baked feta is delicious. Also fits in any mixed green salad. Mix it with your mixed veggies stew. Pretty much anything.
  • jonagolddreams
    jonagolddreams Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This thread is directly responsible for the feta I bought last night. Can't wait to try some of these recipes!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    What great ideas, thanks!!!
  • MJsStory
    MJsStory Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My favorite is fresh spinach, sliced strawberries, pecans (or walnuts), shredded cucumbers, and feta salad with Brianna’s strawberry vinegarette
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    I make a dip, not the healthiest, but certainly not the worse. You mix equal portions of the feta and sour cream, add lemon juice and pepper to taste. You can dip veggies in it or Tostitos.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Rice, spinach, lemon juice, feta, kalamata olives, salt and pepper to taste. Good warm or cold.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options