Options
katfwood1
katfwood1 Posts: 1 Member
Anyone have a good zucchini recipe?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,603 Member
    Options
    I like to quarter length wise, then cut into cubes. In a plastic carrier bag toss with a tablespoon of olive oil and some salt. Roast about 20 minutes at 200C, turning half way.

Sliced into quarter inch rounds, toss in olive oil as before and grill either on a cast iron griddle pan or on the BBQ outoors.

In a classic lasagna recipe I like replacing the bolognese sauce with a grated courgette mixed with a tub of cottage cheese for a vegetarian lasagna.
  • PRINCESSROJA
    PRINCESSROJA Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do something similar but with parmesan on it as well. SO yummy. Zoodles are great too.
  • CAtoIAMomof4
    CAtoIAMomof4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    MFP has a great gluten free zucchini and recipe, delicious Ijust cannot get it to log the nutritional information for food diary purposes for the life of me.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    I like to slice it length-wise in long strips, brush with olive oil, salt and pepper and grill it. Drizzle balsamic vinegar on top. Simple and good.
  • BeckyBeebs
    BeckyBeebs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Look up zucchini boats - and just zucchini in general - on Skinnytaste.com. She has some great recipes I make frequently, including the turkey taco zucchini boats. All are calorie and macro friendly, while also being delicious.
  • Cbkkata
    Cbkkata Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Marinated in zesty Italian dressing and grilled.... only way my husband will eat it

I prefer sauteed with onions and diced tomatoes.
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I second zucchini boats! Delicious.
  • ankinray
    ankinray Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    zucchini tots on skinnytaste.com
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    katfwood1 wrote: »
    Anyone have a good zucchini recipe?

I'm going to do zucchini mushroom fajita bowls next week. Saute strips of zucchini with mushrooms, onions, bell peppers and a little chipotle in adobo until caramelized, yummy, and just a bit broken down. Serve with rice (optional), black beans, cilantro, salsa, and avocado/guacamole.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go ahead and 3rd zucchini boats, super yum and versatile!
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I cut it into coins and sprinkle lemon pepper on it. Seal it in tin foil and cook on the grill or open fire.

Or you could make stuffed zucchini. Brown ground beef and an onion, then add some tomato sauce, cooked rice, chili powder, and salt and pepper. Fill the "Boats" with the filling, top with Mozzarella cheese and bake.

Or another of my favorites that I use when I'm in the mood for taco's: http://www.insonnetskitchen.com/mexican-beef-and-zucchini-skillet/
  • jsminer827
    jsminer827 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    cut zucchini into coins, spray with cooking spray, salt/pepper/italian seasoning... put on lined sheet pan and toss in the oven at 350 F for 15 minutes... flip and sprinkle with shredded parm... back in the oven until the parm is toasty and brown.
  • csykes1976
    csykes1976 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    all great suggestions so far. They've hit on all of my favorites!

Stuffed with sausage/rice/cheese
    marinaded in italian dressing and grilled
    Breaded and baked/fried. great as a standalone parmesan or as a pizza topping.
    Sauteed as a taco filling (works especially well to bulk out or to reduce the calorie load of a more traditional meat filling).
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Cut zucchini into sticks. If the zucchini are big, throw away the middle part where the seeds are. Toss with a tiny bit of olive oil and put on the grill. When cooked, transfer to a serving plate, grate a little bit of Parmesan over, salt, pepper, and finish with half a lemon squeezed over.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions, thanks!!!
  • Crochetmama84
    Crochetmama84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I use zucchini for:

Zoodles
    Hasselback
    Zucchini pizzas
    Sauteed as a side
    Zucchini bread
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Www.Skinnytaste.com has great recipes
  • applesforanna
    applesforanna Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ever tried zucchini pizza boats? They are delicious! There’s tons of recipes for them but the first I saw was:
    Heat over to 350 degrees F. Trim a zucchini in half lengthwise. Gently scrape out the middle section. Put pasta sauce and mozzarella and Parmesan cheese in the middle, then bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until zucchini can be pierced with a fork and cheese is bubbly and brown.