ED

Options
I’m trying not to fall back into my eating disorder but it’s so hard especially when I’m not seeing any weight loss results through just diet and exercise...

Replies

• oanne7073
    oanne7073 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's hard I also have an eating disorder if you want a Friend add me
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Recovering bulimic here. It’s hard but possible. I’m back at my healthy weight and was able to get here without returning to behaviors. Thoughts are still there and probably will always be. If you want to feel free to add me
  • George8383
    George8383 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    Recovering bulimic here. It’s hard but possible. I’m back at my healthy weight and was able to get here without returning to behaviors. Thoughts are still there and probably will always be. If you want to feel free to add me

Recovering bulimic also still getting CBT therapy made many positive changes not been easy but slowly getting there
    Feel free to add me ☺
    George
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "not seeing any weight loss results through just diet and exercise"? That is how people lose weight. Are you logging your food intake properly, using a food scale? Do you have realistic expectations for weightloss, no more than 1% of your body weight per week, and not aiming for underweight? Are you patient enough to see through water weight flutuations?

And of course, do you still have access to your treatment team, if so, do/can you use it? If not, why not?
  • mitchkelly2446
    mitchkelly2446 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I guess as a person with an eating disorder, you must manage your relationship with food even more carefully than the rest of us? Do you have a good (any?) support network that you can fall back on for good technical support? I suppose the best thing is to say try to stay on the path, but don't put yourself at any risk. Be lucky, hey?