Pregnant and Struggling

Options
I am 6.5 months pregnant and have gained between 16 and 20 pounds. My OB said I need to not gain another pound and I need to start dieting. I'm sticking to a 1200 calorie diet now. I was eating on average 1600 calories a day but need to drop to 1200. I'm super nervous that I will disappoint my doctor and gain. What do I do? How do I lose some of the weight I already put on? I have to lose and do somethig quick. What diet pills are safe for pregnancy? Are diuretics safe for pregnancy? How do I drop pounds quick? I have 3 week's to impress my doctor with weight loss.

Replies

• gettingfitter777
    gettingfitter777 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar boat, I am 5.5 months pregnant and have gained 20 pounds so far. The last few came on in about a week, so what I did was to drink alooooot more water, and clean up my eating a bit, more veggies and soups, and a week later my weight was down 4 pounds. (So I presume it was mostly boating)
    I would strongly discourage you from dieting, taking any diet pills, diuretics or anything of the like. None of that is safe for your baby nor your pregnant body. Just be kind to yourself, drink more water (not tea, just clean water), soups really helped me, homemade ones with a ton of veggies and lose lentils.
    Finally, if your doctor is making you upset, i'd really make it clear to him/her, because everybody gains weight in pregnancy, and it's normal and natural. Just do your best, and if your doc is unhappy, explain that to him, or even look for a different one.
    Good luck!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    This does not sound like a very good idea and personally I would just work on maintaining what you've gained. Did your doctor approve of 1200 calories?