where should i go to eat

Options
okay so tommorow i am going out for dinner as a reward to how hard ive been working out
but i don't know where to go don't want to go anywhere unhealthy
please advice

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    It's ok to have a treat here and there. So one suggestion would be to go some place that makes food you love, but that isn't necessarily healthy. If you're looking to go out and get healthy food, you would fare way better just making a great meal yourself. Eating restaurant food is always going to be a compromise.
  • matticrew
    Options
    When I lost weight the first time I always would get a salad when i would go out to eat. I would just get a croutons and cheese taken out.

but honestly you can eat what you want in moderation.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    What kind of food do you like?

You can pretty much go anywhere as long as you choose healthier options--e.g., nothing fried/battered or swimming in oil. And instead of potatoes on the side you can ask for a double portion of veggies, salad with dressing on the side, etc. Also skip the bread and butter they put in front of you at most restaurants.

I'm not shy at restaurants--I've even asked the waitstaff to measure one cup of rice for me, and they have no problem doing that.

Enjoy it! :)
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Bonefish has some very tasty, yet fairly healthy options.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    SEAFOOD restaurant. You'll need to control yourself when the server puts a basket of rolls, bread, etc. on the table with lots of real butter as you wait for your order. Ask for the salad dressing ON THE SIDE, then do NOT pour it on the salad. Instead DIP each bite of salad into the dressing cup taking just a touch of the dressing to moisten it. Avoid alcoholic drinks. You will find, if you try them, you'll end up with a WEIGHT GAIN for 1-2 days after having just one drink of any kind.

For portion control: ask for a TABLESPOON (aka: soup spoon). That way, you can use your teaspoon and the tablespoon to measure out any portions that are on the plate by leveling off the excess quantity and put it off to the side of your plate.

The best success is gained by: strict accuracy in weighing, measuring, leveling off all excess quantities.... portion control, portion control, portion control and...recording every single item that goes in your mouth, every single day, faithfully. It's your body and you're in control. Take good care of it.

:)
  • otgrouch
    otgrouch Posts: 21
    Options
    I would say to pick a restarunt the you really like..You can use MFP to choose the items you'd like before you go..Weighing the options based on nutritional facts...YOu do need a treat once in awhile..Enjoy..
  • zapatasbloodjv
    Options
    i give myself a sensible cheat meal a week. its supposed to help with keeping your metabolism guessing but I use it to keep my sanity.

but i am very strict the rest of the time.

sensible = 3 slices of pizza not the whole pie and a few beers. no chicken wings, garlic bread, chicken strips etc.