Louisianalady8
Louisianalady8 Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2018 in Motivation and Support
Losing my motivation

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    Keep going without it. Motivation is fleeting and unreliable. Work on developing good habits. Summon determination when needed.
  • itsgood
    itsgood Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew who to credit for this:

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."

I've taken my time to develop the habits I need to keep going...tracking and calorie-counting, planning and meal prep, increasing my water intake, exercise. It's a process. Trust it! You really can do this! Along the way there will be successes...slow steady weight loss, really good food choices, stronger workouts, clothes fitting better...those will be the sparks that re-ingnite your motivation. They'll happen because of the good habits you've formed. And when there are bumps in the road and you're feeling discouraged, those same habits will help you stay on "auto-pilot" while you work through the struggle.

You can do this!!!!
  • shnell25
    shnell25 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You should never give up on yourself. Think about that end goal.

I set mini goals and when I achieve each mini goal, I reward myself. Sometimes it’s a pedicure, or I will go out and eat something I don’t eat everyday or I will purchase a new outfit.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Mind if I ask what part of this you are struggling with? Is it the logging? Is it the portions? Or the food choices? Maybe something else I haven't thought to ask?
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Why did you get started in the first place?