6days a weeks instead of 3-4

Options
So my husband and I have decided to try and go to the gym 6 days a week compared to our usual 3-4 times a week. I’m excited about going more just worried I’ll get burnt out

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both workout 5 days most weeks. For me I do 2 days of cardio only for about 40min with stretching and 3 days I have a group of women I meet for weight lifting and boxing (2hr). For me that’s perfect and because I alternate the harder workouts with my cardio days which are easier recovery. It stops me from burning out. Occasionally I’ll add an extra weekend cardio day too. Just be careful to give each muscle group a full day of rest between workouts and you should be ok.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I go 5-6 times a week. But I am only there 45 minutes tops.

Do what you feel is best for you.
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I try to work out in some way 6 days a week, even if it's just a really long walk. Try to mix it up (speedwork three days in a row is probably a bad idea) and keep it fresh. If you've got the time, go for it!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So my husband and I have decided to try and go to the gym 6 days a week compared to our usual 3-4 times a week. I’m excited about going more just worried I’ll get burnt out

Build up to it, don't just go from 3 x last week to 6 times this.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I agree with those saying "build up to it". I usually start going 3 days per week with a rest day in between. Then I slowly moved up to 4, 5, then 6. It is tough to do sometimes especially on the weekends. But you do need to make sure you are giving your body time to rest. 6 days may make you think that you are going to lose weight faster or build muscle faster, but if you aren't properly resting your body, you can sabotage yourself.

Good luck!